Window Explorer Problem

Ahmad_Al_Hajaya

Ahmad_Al_Hajaya

Hi,

I think that my windows explorer is corrupted, Because each time I enter a partition (Local Disk) on my device it give's me this message,

post-27427-044295600 1281971436_thumb.jp

But if I accessed any folder on my desktop and entered the address that I want to go to in any of the (Local Disks) in the address bar it will open it with no problems,

So what should I do, Please help

Regards,

Ahmad Hajaya

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Did you use Win7DS tweaker that comes with K-Lite Codec Pack? If no, try re-installing the codec pack you have installed on your system.

Ahmad_Al_Hajaya

I have done what you told me, But it didn't do me good, The problem still exists.

By the error report you can see that ffdshow is to blame. Try to remove the codec pack and see if it works. If yes, then we know the problem. IF that is the problem, try to remove EVERY codec pack on the system you may have. Do some registry cleaning. Install ONLY one codec pack. K-Lite is suggested.

Cheers ;)

Ahmad_Al_Hajaya

Thanks for helping,

I have Un-Installed K-Lite Codec pack x64 then I did some registry cleaning and Re-Installed (K-Lite Codec pack x64) and the problem Stood still.

Regards,

Ahmad Hajaya

Ahmad_Al_Hajaya

Hi,

I think that my windows explorer is corrupted, Because each time I enter a partition (Local Disk) on my device it give's me this message,

But if I accessed any folder on my desktop and entered the address that I want to go to in any of the (Local Disks) in the address bar it will open it with no problems,

So what should I do, Please help

Regards,

Ahmad Hajaya

Did you try disabling your 'Program Compatibility Assistant Service?'

Forgive me, But what do you mean with (Program Compatibility Assistant Service)

Regards,

Ahmad hajaya

• Administrator

This is related to thumbnail generation. Uninstall the codecs again and when you install K-Lite codec pack disable option to enable thumbnail generation.

Ahmad_Al_Hajaya

Thank you all for helping,

I've tried both dcs18's and Lite's way each individually, Only Lite's way worked

Again thank you all.

Regards,

Ahmad Hajaya

• Administrator

Just so you know there is probably only one corrupted file causing this problem. Which specific file types are in the folders that cause the issue?

Archived