I need a little help for formatting

Ehsan

Hi guys

I have three OS-es installed at my PC (XP 32Bit, Win7 32Bit & Ubuntu)

I just want to delete all partitions completely and safely to take my Hard drive to the first day I bought it....completely empty;

What is the best way? or best software to do so?

from which OS I should start ?

please explain your solution

Thank you :)

• Replies 5
  • Views 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why don't you just use a cd/dvd to bootup with, then just delete the partitions from the bootup options?

I've more applications(even virus or crack or tested softwares) than files...

so I've all of them outside my PC

I have in mind that I splitted a drive at XP for Ubuntu some day (that you know its format differs from Windows to install)

It's got complicated for me

• Administrator

I remember on my old HDD, when the time came to wipe it so that I can re-sell it, I tried all the HDD wiping softwares in Hiren's BootCD and all of them gave me errors, probably due to my HDD. But there was another program in it called CopyWipe. I think it's removed from Hiren's BootCD now. ANW, it allows you to overwrite from 1 pass to 36 passes. Cleaned my HDD perfectly in one pass. Tested by Recuva and Tesdisk. ;)

DBAN Nuke Boot Disk always did the trick for me... and was fast and through.. not the kind of thing you want to leave laying around though...

Depending on what you thinking of doing after....

I think.. I was going to type this earlier, with Linux Ubuntu, you should be able to install alongside a Windows installation on one partition.. Grub will allow it to boot into either one.. It is in the options as you start to install it...Boot from the disc in VirtualBox you should see what I mean..

You know you will still loose all of your programs if you choose to wipe and re-format/partition.. and reinstall all of your OSes.. Registry entries, User Data...Even if you choose to reinstall the programs to that location all original files will be overwritten so you loose any mods you have made..just a thought..

Archived