Unable to install Windows Updates

tempaccess

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

make sure your internet connection is stable and that your security software isn't blocking anything related.

Okay i have a bit of a problem, i used to use a WGA crack for windows but now i think i got a Genuine Key.. cept now i cant install updates, but they do download... is there anyway to fix this or to see what is preventing the install?

http://img440.imageshack.us/my.php?image=testuj5.jpg

thx in advance..

What Firewall are you using if any? I had this happen a few times with the latest outpost release

Go to C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution

Delete all the files from Download folder

Stop Automatic Updates Service and then rename DataStore to DataStore.old

Start the automatic updates...

Try Automatic Updates...

I tried zeus's suggestion, all the difference was that it redownloaded the updates, but yet they still failed to install... my only firewalls are AVG/nod32, and both are set to allow all.. any other ideas ?

I tried zeus's suggestion, all the difference was that it redownloaded the updates, but yet they still failed to install... my only firewalls are AVG/nod32, and both are set to allow all.. any other ideas ?

Checked in Add/Remove Program (with Updates Checked) to find any of these Updates listed there ?

Manually Download Dot Net 3.0 Here.

For KB905474, download directly version 1.5.532.2 of WGA Notifications from Microsoft Windows Update

The Troubleshooting Steps shown at searchwincomputing... are not if the updates dont install...

Archived