Windows 7 BSOD

elohelomg

Hey guy, i whiped out my disk to rid myself the evil that is VISTA. I upgraded this laptop to win7, and now, i get a BSOD 0x07b.

I loaded the default settings for the bios, but it still crashes. any ideas?

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Maybe hardware problem. Not compatible with Windows 7. Or the installation didn't go too well.

ANW try this software: BlueScreenView and see what is the culprit. It'll just show you what caused the BSOD by reading the minidump.

Hey guy, i whiped out my disk to rid myself the evil that is VISTA. I upgraded this laptop to win7, and now, i get a BSOD 0x07b.

I loaded the default settings for the bios, but it still crashes. any ideas?

Too little info for proper help, but I'll try to guess- in BIOS needed HDD to be specified to be SATA

Hm.

The install goes allll the way through. Installs everything just fine, finishes up, and once it restarts, well, it goes into a BSOD, and i cant do much.

Same with vista, and XP.

Think its the hard drive

unknownasphyxiated

did you do clean install?

i mean delete and recreate the partition

it would be better if you do that

or maybe your installation disk had some corrupt file that make your windows to crash

sorry if it doesn't help you

just trying to know more

did you do clean install?

i mean delete and recreate the partition

it would be better if you do that

or maybe your installation disk had some corrupt file that make your windows to crash

sorry if it doesn't help you

just trying to know more

Yes, I did do a CLEAN install. Whiped out the disk, and went ahead to install it. The install goes all the way through, but, upon restart it crashes.

Change the SATA mode in BIOS to IDE mode. Disabling some of the advanced features of SATA drives in BIOS could stop the STOP 0x0000007B error from showing up, especially if you're seeing it during a Windows installation.

Note: Depending on your BIOS make and version, SATA mode may be referred to as AHCI mode and IDE mode may be referred to as either Legacy, ATA, or Compatibility mode.

• Administrator

The link works fine here. Try a proxy.

Yeah, link works fine. Try again.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/stop0x0000007b.htm

Cheers ;)

Thanks. I've tried changing the settings, no cigar. I cant disable the advance bios settings as there are non.

Do you know your hardware configuration?

Video Card?

Processor?

RAM?

Drive Make and Type?

Checked all connections.. just to be sure... switched power sources and harnesses?

Checked that Primary and Slave is correct?

Have you tried a reset of all BIOS settings?

What version of the OS are you trying to install?

Valid installation image?

OEM.. Retail?

Installation process being used? - Insert Disk.. Running setup...entering serial, skipping serial,.....

When you say you wiped your drive, what method was used? DBAN Boot CD?

Do you own any other Boot CD's which could give you some enlightenment on rather your HD is accessible and what is on it?

So heres what happened. Figured, its probably a few bad sectors, hence why the FAIL boot. So, i took out the hard drive, hooked it up to my eclousure kit, and tried to format it with Gparted. It failed.

Tried it with windows xp. It failed.

So, i just figured i'd swith out the hard drive, and BAM. It worked.

• Administrator

Nice to hear. :)

If you wanna cure your bad sectors, you can try HDD Regenerator. My old HDD had stopped giving BSODs when I used it.

Archived