Laptop Cooler

avmad

Im looking for a fan based cooler to stick under my laptop, xps m1530. Its getting very hot when running a few applications. I've cleaned out the fan and use a plastic tray/flat surface to rest it on when im using it.

Something cheap would be ideal :frusty: but I want one that really works. Powerfull fans would be nice to cool it as much as possible. Im not bothered about noise, as long as its working well.

Anyone have experience of any, it would be very helpfull.

My xps does a good job, but I run it for long periods of time and it sometimes shuts down due to overheating.

Cheap and cheerfull is ideal, or an easy to use/make myself idea that really works. (prefer not to make it though) :rolleyes: Doesn't need to be portable as I use it at home near a power socket.

Any ideas or recommendations would be welcome. I need it in the UK btw.

Thanks all.

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I bought an Asaka one a while back and i've seen a couple of coolermaster ones in action. They don't blow much air, so my advice is to find a cheapish one from somewhere.

Thanks Lite. I've been using a tower fan lying down behind the laptop. Not very practical as its 3ft+ and sounds like a jet engine. It does the trick but also chills me at the same time. :fear:

So still looking for something more practical.

Archived