UltimateDefrag Problem

MrVoice

Yo, been using UDefrag since 1.3-ish. Noticed recently that UDefrag (1.44) no longer detects an MFT portion on my OS drive (Drive 1 of 2 on my laptop). The page file is halfway between the outermost and innermost rings and 90% of my files are even farther to the inside than that. It remains that way even after a 'Consolidate' or 'Auto' defrag is done (with performance, archive, dirs. close to MFT [would help if that was detected, maybe] options are checked). Since my MFT has disappeared, and I've had no luck moving the pagefile out farther on the disc, my performance has significantly decreased. If anyone has a clue about what is wrong or how to fix it, I'd appreciate the assist. Thanks

MrVoice

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have that box checked on the Options page, but I don't know how to tell the program to actually do a boot time defrag.

If u have installed the prog and if it is checked then during startup it will show that it is defraging...

If u r using the cracked exe then boot time defrag does not work.

Argh, no wonder. I haven't been able to properly install since 1.34, I think. None of the methods people came up with worked on my 64-bit XP system, so the crack is the only way I can get any functionality.

Try this....

Set your Virtual Memory to a different partition.. removing the Virtual Memory from your C: drive

Restart the system

Defrag.. C: drive

and then Change the Virtual Memory back to C:

See if this works....

Thanks, Zeus, that got the pagefile back where it belongs. It's now on the 1st ring from the outer edge.

Good to know that.. I hope ur system is working at best :mellow:

Archived