count to 1,000

natedogg

• Replies 636
  • Views 130.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SIG552.JPG

The SG-552 "Commando" is a very compact assault rifle of the same class as russian AKS-74U or German HK53 and G36C.

GIAT DEFA 553

defa.jpg

The GIAT DEFA 550 is a series of very widely used French aircraft guns.

The initial DEFA 551 was developed in the late 1940s. It was based on the German Mauser MG 213C, an experimental revolver cannon developed for the Luftwaffe. The MG 213 never reached production, but inspired the DEFA, the very similar British ADEN cannon, and the smaller American M39 cannon. As the DEFA 552 it entered production in 1954. In 1968 an upgraded version, Canon 550-F3, was developed, entering production in 1971 as the DEFA 553. The new version provided a new feed system, nitro-chrome steel barrel, forged drum casing, and improved electrical reliability.

The DEFA 553 is a gas-operated five-chamber revolver cannon using pyrotechnic cocking and electrical ignition. It fires a range of 30 mm ammunition in various types, and is capable of continuous fire or of 0.5-second or 1-second bursts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEFA_cannon

554gateatphanrang2d5f28rn5.jpg

This is the 554 Red Horse Gate at Phan Rang, Vietnam back in 1966. AIC Don Averett is manning the post in this picture and is the airman on the right side.

5.56 × 45 mm NATO (i usually call it a five-five-six)

556nato.jpg

5.56 × 45 mm NATO, designated STANAG 4172, is the standard rifle cartridge for NATO forces. It is derived from, but not entirely interchangeable with, the .223 Remington cartridge. It is commonly referred to simply as a "NATO" round.

The previous standard NATO round was the 7.62 × 51 mm, derived from the .300 Savage rifle cartridge and designed to replace the U.S. military's .30-06 Springfield rifle cartridge. At the time of selection, there had been criticism that the 7.62 mm round was too powerful for modern assault rifles, causing excessive recoil, and that the weight of the ammunition did not allow for enough "firepower" in modern combat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5.56_x_45_mm_NATO

DVD557_Front_G.gif

The DVD-557 is a entry level single disc progressive scan DVD player offering exceptional video quality by using a fast 10 bit 108 MHz video processor. The DVD-557 has been upgraded with an HDMI digital video output with scaling to 1080i, for a professional looking picture with today's digital video displays. This coupled with a variety of audio decoders, gives you a solid audio video performer.

• 2 weeks later...

Carmichael number

In number theory, a Carmichael number is a composite positive integer n which satisfies the congruence b^{n-1}~\equiv 1 \pmod{n} for all integers b which are relatively prime to n (see modular arithmetic). They are named for Robert Carmichael. The Carmichael numbers are the Knödel numbers K1.

[snip]

Korselt was the first who observed these properties, but he could not find an example. In 1910 Carmichael found the first and smallest such number, 561, and hence the name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmichael_number

Bug #564 mysql_real_connect buffer overflow in unix socket name.

bearoninternet

749px-I-565.svg.png

correct me if i am wrong :wacko:

bearoninternet

566.jpg

this is pointless ^_^

--567? -ebt

Archived