rootkits and factory reset

myidisbb

going to factory reset and update the securty software and stuff on my laptop before i leave for mission next monday. anything that bas!@#4der had in the nero should be gone afterwards right? to iinclude any rootkits? just want to make sure. didnt see anything after scannign with different stuff

mods i think i might posted this in the wrong section. please move if need be. thank you

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Moved to Security & Privacy Center.

Do you still have the file or the link with you? If yes then you can upload it here to check the areas it would harm.

Moved to Security & Privacy Center.

Do you still have the file or the link with you? If yes then you can upload it here to check the areas it would harm.

no i deleted it and mods removed the link. oh, looks like its in google. will test it out. uploading it in the winrar to test first.

• Administrator

You'll need to upload it in exe format. If the above is not enough, try this. Offers similar reports.

You'll need to upload it in exe format. If the above is not enough, try this. Offers similar reports.

one i download winrar jsut now is passworded. dotn rememeber if the one from nsane share code was passworded.

• Administrator

By restoring a factory image you should remove any malware on your system (atleast in that partition).

By restoring a factory image you should remove any malware on your system (atleast in that partition).

thanks. so C drive will be fine afterwards. im assuming D: with the factory files would be safe then. really dont want to wipe it too and use factory recovery disk. wasnt sure if it would make the D: drive files too.

plan on doing this this week. thanks.

Archived