UltimateDefrag 3.0.100.10

Marik

I have Windows 7 64-bit. I had Boot Time -> Run during next boot (checked) then clicked OK. It works fine. When I reboot it shows UltimateDefrag 64-bit during boot defrag.

• Replies 64
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

@Night Owl: Yes I'm on Windows 7 x64. There's a guide made by shought for the previous version, on frontpage listing of UltimateDefrag. Because it was aimed at XP x32 users you will see a few difference. But follow the guide and the manual properly. The guide mentions using File/Folder method of defragmentation but I suggest you use Consolidate method, which is default now. Otherwise that settings that need to be done are the same.

@Night Owl: Yes I'm on Windows 7 x64. There's a guide made by shought for the previous version, on frontpage listing of UltimateDefrag. Because it was aimed at XP x32 users you will see a few difference. But follow the guide and the manual properly. The guide mentions using File/Folder method of defragmentation but I suggest you use Consolidate method, which is default now. Otherwise that settings that need to be done are the same.

Thanks DKT27. I'm going to research this information. It seems that the first release of UltimateDefrag 3 is safe to use on Windows 64-bit.

• Administrator

Thanks DKT27. I'm going to research this information. It seems that the first release of UltimateDefrag 3 is safe to use on Windows 64-bit.

Even the previous version was quite safe on Windows 7 x64. ^_^

Just the boot time defragmentation (that defrags Pagefile, MFT, etc) was not working at all.

SacredCultivator

If anything, at the moment, I'm just using the "Auto'mode.

• Administrator

This is how it should look after custom defragmentation on consolidate mode. The purple files are the high performance files (daily softwares) that are kept on the outer parts of the HDD for making them load faster. And the green are the archive files that are not require for daily usage (.rar, .zip, .ISO, software installers, etc).

After you have set it up, and before you start defragmentation, make sure you click on options next to Consolidate button and check these options for each of the partitions respectively.

Thank's for the quick fix :sneaky:

On windows 7 ultimate 32 bits

if i try to defrag with consolidate option on my main drive, it warn me that this volume © is under "Volume Shadow copy" control

To minimise restore point purge, they recommand to use "fast mode" or "thorough mode" with fast consolidate option.

In clear, they say that i will lose most restore points?

So, if i don't care too much about them, since my pc run ok, i can defrag with consolidate option?

• Administrator

Well I always use fast placement mode and I don't have windows restore on so I can't tell.

I don't think it would harm too much. It's your take.

• Administrator

Did you configure it or set it to auto mode defragmentation? :rolleyes:

This is how it should look after custom defragmentation on consolidate mode. The purple files are the high performance files (daily softwares) that are kept on the outer parts of the HDD for making them load faster. And the green are the archive files that are not require for daily usage (.rar, .zip, .ISO, software installers, etc).

After you have set it up, and before you start defragmentation, make sure you click on options next to Consolidate button and check these options for each of the partitions respectively.

Blind me...where is your pagefile being placed?

• Administrator

Blind me...where is your pagefile being placed?

It's my E drive. Not the one I've installed Windows on. I have many softwares and installer files on E drive so felt it would be the best to show how it goes....

Will it slow down Boot-time?

With one HD, where would you advise I put the pagefile? Outermost ring or anywhere will do?

• Administrator

I think you misunderstood, the pic I'm showing is of E drive that is not my default drive. I have my page file on C drive. The placement, it's something that I'm wondering myself, never experimented too much. But I guess keeping it on the outer parts would help a lot.

oic....my bad.....have been fooling around wondering where to place my pagefile to gain max performance.

• Administrator

Page 45 to page 49 of the manual offers all the help we need. :dance2:

From what I can see, place it in the middle of your high performance files. :rolleyes:

I had place it right after the high performance files. Gonna to leave it there for a while and monitor.

• Administrator

Mine is already there from the start (as have installed Windows 7 on the new HDD and wasn't possible to move it before). But I am thinking about moving it in middle of HP. :think:

Anyway before anyone does boot time defrag, make sure to checkdisk your hard drive once.

2l8ar11.jpg

well a patch made by fff was trying to connect to the internet... and detected as malware by comodo firewall while on his special note said it was not a virus or something but why it is trying to connect to the internet as detected by my firewall?

well a patch made by fff was trying to connect to the internet... and detected as malware by comodo firewall while on his special note said it was not a virus or something but why it is trying to connect to the internet as detected by my firewall?

we don't host infected cracks/patches on our site.

it's just a false positive.

Mine is already there from the start (as have installed Windows 7 on the new HDD and wasn't possible to move it before). But I am thinking about moving it in middle of HP. :think:

Finally decided to move mine to the middle of HP.

Took a while as it move HP files out of the way.

Did a consolidated defrag after that.

• Administrator

Finally decided to move mine to the middle of HP.

Took a while as it move HP files out of the way.

Did a consolidated defrag after that.

So, how's it doing? :D

I'm too lazy to restart my computer. :P But will do it sooner or later.

Archived