ESET NOD32 Antivirus & Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro Compatibility Problem?

Duzaki

I've been trying to get those two programs to work on my system for a long time now. Whenever I install both, my PC starts to hang/freeze forever when starting up (after welcome screen). Only one time...ONE TIME!!..It worked, lol. What's the problem with this, mates? :think: Btw, OS is Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've actually tried adding exclusions for both the programs and I believe there's only been 1 time that it worked. Even during that one time, it started to act up. Anyways, since I couldn't get it to work, I started to use ESET Smart Security. Do you think this is a better option (security suite), mate? :think:

I'm using both on Windows Seven X64 Enterprise and no problems with and between them

I've actually tried adding exclusions for both the programs and I believe there's only been 1 time that it worked. Even during that one time, it started to act up. Anyways, since I couldn't get it to work, I started to use ESET Smart Security.

I recollect Agnitum and ESET buried all their conflicts long ago. Do you have any HIPS program running on your system that might be causing conflicts?

Do you think this is a better option (security suite), mate? :think:

As a Purist, I tend to believe that a suite such as the ESS robs the User of granularity being by design . . . . . . . . . . . far too restrictive where possibilities of customization is concerned.

However, ESS gives the User no headaches with regard to program configurations. If you dig suites, go ahead with ESS by all means - just don't forget to uninstall your Outpost Pro before you do so. :P

Er...As far as I know, I'm not using any hips program, mate, lol. But, I actually do like suites a bit more. It's a little easier handling all your security needs in one place. ESET Smart Security is working great for me as of now. But, for comparison's sake, is ESET's firewall better or Agnitum's? :think: Btw, I used automatic mode with ESET's firewall. Do you think that's all right?

I'm using both on Windows Seven X64 Enterprise and no problems with and between them

That's weird. Maybe because it's Enterprise and not Ultimate? :dunno: How's it working out for you though, as in overall security-wise?

I never experienced problems between OP & Eset.

Tried

http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/

?

First install OP then Eset, add Eset to Selfdefense Exclusions in OP.

Good Luck

:ph34r:

Archived