Need power supply advice

sanjoa

Hi, guys! I'm planning to change my computer's power supply, because it is not powerful for my computer (it is "small", talking about watts, only 400 Watt). What do you recommend me to fit in here: WD HDD 250 GB (to be changed to a WB 1TB HDD 64 Mb buffer), mother Asrock N68-S, video card XFX Nvidia GForce 7300 GS, AMD Athlon X64 X2 dual core processor (to be changed to a QUAD CORE AMD PHENOM processor, maybe) and DDR2 800Mhz Kingston RAM (to be added 2+ GB [to make 4 GB of RAM]), sound card Sound Blaster Audigy SE 5.1, Samsung DVD/CD reader/recorder.

(Sorry for my bad English). I mean, how much watts should the power supply have? (this is giving me electricity problems, most with USB ports).

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! But why does USB ports do work as 1.0 or 1.1 sometimes? (And thanks for the website)

• Administrator

That's a tough question. Normally my USB devices run at 1.1 when it's not connected properly (in a physical way) or when the device is not capable of running at 2.0 (yes my sister's LG Cookie runs at 1.1 mode :fear:).

But my USB Broandbad Modem is 2.0 (it says in the box when it cames when you buy it). And my pendrive Kingston, too.

Archived