Ati laptop drivers: how to mod?

ffi

Hi I got myself a brandnew and shine VAIO laptop, with an ATI graphics card. Unfortunately I can not install the drivers from the ati site directly. Before this laptop I had another with an nvidia card, the drivers were easy to mod to make them installable. Does anyone know how to mod or where to get modded drivers for ati cards (Mobility Modder does not work with the latest >9.11 drivers)

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Mobility Modder does not work with the latest >9.11 drivers)

The latest drivers for ATI is at 10.6 :huh:

• Administrator

Yeah try Omega drivers, haven't tried them before but have heard a lot about them. Sad to hear that Mobility Modder doesn't work on newer versions, I used to use it on my old PC's mobility graphics card.

BTW what's your card's model number and the problem you are having trying to install the driver?

Omega drivers haven't been updated in a while, even my laptops official drivers are newer than the latest omega drivers. My card is a hd5650 in a sony vaio laptop PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68C1&SUBSYS_9071104D&REV_00

I've maintained two laptops with ATI cards and I never found a suitable replacement for the default (older) ATI drivers...

I don't understand situation here. Why you can't use ATI drivers? I have Acer laptop with ATI card, and I'm using latest mobility drivers.

Cheers ;)

Unfortunately I can not install the drivers from the ati site directly.

What seems to be the issue?

Do we have any error message?

• Administrator

Mobility Modder has no issues working with the latest drivers (just tried it myself).

@Mara, for most mobile graphics cards AMD doesn't issue drivers.

@dcs18, mobile graphics cards are not included in the distribution packages direct from AMD.

Off Topic @ Lite or other mods- mobility Moder could be on front page, with rest of a drivers perhaps

I have had really old and simple version- half worked, have to say didn't try this one myself, but rare tool

Archived