NOD32 FiX v2.2

nsane

I can't make it work properly although I followed well the install instructions. I tried to install the 2.723 version and the 2.732 . But either I can't make updates and I don't have the 123456789 days left of the trial version, either I have an unlimited trial version but can't make the updates: it says my version is up to date although I know it's not. I tried with several servers and the same thing occurs each time.

Your help would be appreciated :)

• Replies 72
  • Views 74.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nflftw

Same problem here. I installed the fix and the version of NOD32 from http://www.nsaneproductions.com/?request=140184 after uninstalling the fix and my old version (paid for, recently expired, fix didn't work so I tried to dl it from here). That one was at 2161 and it expired on April 2nd, and now this one is at 2157 but keeps saying it's up to date. Anyone know what's going on (I am SURE I uninstalled both and restarted before installing this new one and the new fix).

Guest nflftw

The fix for me was actually quite simple. I uninstalled the fix, restarted my PC, and installed the fix again (I forgot if I restarted after that, I basically did what it told me to, bad short-term memory, sorry). Here's the screenshot: toogooder1.th.jpg

• 4 months later...

Fisrt of all u guys rule!!

I'm running a combination of NOD32 v2.70.39 and NOD32.FIX.V2.2 on a 32-bit Vista operating system and it works great!!

The only question I have is in case I want to uninstal NOD32 av, I fisrt click on the uninstall icon and then the uninstallfix one, or it doesn't matter?

When the fix is uninstalled do I have to change anything in the registry?

Thanx in advance! Regards from Greece :)

Time Module Object Name Threat Action User Information

8/7/2007 18:23:34 PM AMON file C:\PROGRAM FILES\ESET\NOD32FIX.REG Win32/HackAV.G application deleted NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Event occurred at an attempt to access the file by the application: C:\WINDOWS\regedit.exe.

Time Module Object Name Threat Action User Information

8/7/2007 18:53:48 PM IMON file http://proxy.nsanedown.com/proxy.ph....v2.2-nsane.exe Win32/HackAV.G application POOCHANTLAB\PooChant

new problem is cumink..look likes eset hav new treatmnt to diagnose nod32fix.reg as a vrus. now, my trial nod32 turn to 30-days trials.. dis problem related-to version of signatures: 2441 (20070807) :(

You actually need to disable "Potential UNSAFE Applications" not the unwanted applications option.

You can exclude the file in AMON and leave that check on, but the nod32 scanner does not allow exclusions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just might want to let you guys know that I think NOD32 found away around this. I have installed the fix, and when I download the updates, it changed my software back from a full version to a trail version, but it does say I have 16715319 days remainingof the trial. I have virus definition 2471 at the moment. Is there a way around this buy using the username and password method.

Also just installed it on another computer just 10 minutes ago, and now this is refusing to update. Also I have a feeling the copy which is on the trial version isn't updating.

Sorry Guys, both mine NOD32 are updating now. The server was messed up. Thats the problem.. HEHEHE... Andyes, both my version are on trial version witht he same expirary date. Can anyone else confirm this as well. Thanks

i read and followed the instruction at ssupdater.com -- reinstall the fix. disable AMON for awhile. then reinstall the fix. restart (though i did not restart mine) enable AMON again. try to use auto update in control window. that's what i did and it worked!! it's updating again automatically and no need to put username or password.

so with nsane leaving and nod32 now detecting the fix, is it reasonable to assume that we are pretty much screwed in regards to getting a new fix that works? Or if we are getting a new fix does anyone have any idea when? Before the end of the month I would imagine is the deadline.

disabling AMON works if you don't want to do a full system scan, which is seriously crippling to the program (who wants an anti virus program that can't do on demand scans?)

Deleting the registry file and crack file after installing them and before updating nod32 also fails to work.

any information on ways to get around the new detection, sans majorly crippling the anti virus, would be appreciated. Any information on a new fix even more so. Thanks.

Well, the fix does do something though, it makes the program trail period last for 16 million days, which means you do have the full version of NOD32 for 16 million days, just that some stuff will tend to be slower. My updates are still updating like normal and now on virus definition 2474. So my best bet is just leave it until another fix comes along.

And Noob, what is this about nsane leaving???

Nsane has clearly stated he will be going, there is a thread about it and it is on the frontpage. The reason I mentioned this was because it appears to me as if he is the one who made the fixes, and if he is going soon then perhaps no fix will be made to counter act nod 32 detecting the fix as a virus and setting the trial period back to 30 days. I understand that the fix does set the trial period to 16 million days, but unfortunatly it is now detected by nod32 and the extended trial period is removed. A way around this is to disable unsafe application scanning in AMON, but this wont work for the on demand scanner where exceptions can not be made. An anti virus scanner that can not do on demand scanning is pretty crippled no matter how good the other features are.

If anyone knows a way to get nod32 to work with extended trial period with out majorly hurting the feature set it woul be nice to know. Also if anyone knows if nsane leaving and this site going down at the end of this month will affect the new fix please say so. It would be nice if the fix 2.3 could be released for the last few days of the website IMO.

it appears as if setting the time on the computer clock to many years in the future during the installation of nod32 and the fix and then deleting the fix and registry file (but not value) and then updating nod-32 and then turning it off and back on may work to give extra time, but if someone can confirm it that would be nice since it is just an idea and I have not tested it.

get into amon settings and under the tab called exclusions place the two files that have to do with nod fix in there...there IS a forum note form a member here telling you what the files are exactly and also at ssupdater.com

JunkInternetMail

First of all, this only affects SOME people...

And I'll tell you from experience, I'll bet you those who are experiencing this probably did 1-3 specific things:

1) installed some retail version from another site + nodfix

2) installed nod+nodfix, rebooted in the INCORRECT order

3) tried to use some bullshit username/password from another site+nodfix

BONUS #4) DID NOT uninstall previous versions of NOD+NODFIX + installed over top of older NOD+NODFIX

I have installed NOD 2.7.39 + FIX 2.2 on over 100 PCS (im a tech) from 2000, XP, Vista with or without service packs and never had ANY issue.

UNINSTALL ALL VERSIONS OF NOD + NODFIX. REBOOT. INSTALL NOD 2.7.39. DO NOT REBOOT. INSTALL NODFIX 2.2. REBOOT. DO NOT USE PASSWORDS, ALTERNATE VERSIONS OF NOD FROM OTHER WEBSITES, AND DO NOT MESS WITH UPDATING OPTIONS OR INSTALLATION PARAMETERS (REGARDING USERNAME/PASSWORD) DURING INSTALLATION OF NOD 2.7.39. DO NOT FUCK WITH YOUR SYSTEM CLOCK! PS. OVER 100 PCS USING 2475 - ZERO ISSUES.

dMog, what two files? Sorry complete noob and have no idea what these two files can be found.

Also JunkInternetMail, it was working fine, it was just the other day when NOD updated that caused it to revert back to trial version. Was using it without any problems for a while, and I think it was virus version 2460+ that caused the problem. Also JunkInternetMail, done your instruction above when I installed NOD32.

[this was copied from the forums here....

..If you have Scheduled scans setup then under the setup tab for that profile you need to uncheck "Potential unsafe applications"

Otherwise when your scan runs it will detect as a problem. also do this below

1. Install NOD32 (restart)

2. Disable "AMON"

3. Install nsane fix.

3. Now you've to exclude two files: NOD32.FiX.v2.2-nsane.exe & nod32fix.reg. You can do so by going to AMON > Setup > Exclusions > Add > File.

4. After excluding the files, enable "AMON" again.

5. Finally retart your PC.

Eset team will not be able to detect nsane fix as a virus.

don't you have to change all the profiles to not detect potentially unsafe applications? Will the below instructions work? Pretty much the same thing as Dmog said. Thanks for the help though and sorry if I have been redundant.

1. Install nod32

2. Install nod32 fix

3. Restart

4. Open nod32 from start menu (not control center). Go to edit profiles and set all profiles to not include potentially unsafe applications.

5. Disable potentially unsafe files from AMON scanner

6. Move nod32.fix.v2.2-nsane.exe to the eset folder (or leave it on desktop if you want it is just ugly)

7. In AMON exclue nod32.fix.v2.2-nsane.exe and nod32fix.reg

8. Enable potentially unsafe applications in AMON

9. Restart

10. Update nod32

Well I try the first one from dMog, since he has been so nice to sent this to me personally. Will try them out in a bit. Will tell you how it goes!

Hi, I did what you said above, but I still have a trial period after I have updated the virus definition. Is this what meant to happen?

Archived