PrevX false positive?

Alanon

I just installed the Hitman Pro 3.5.6 latest build, did a scan, rebooted, etc... And than PrevX comes along and says that ''hitmanpro35.sys'' is a virus! Has anyone else had this issue?

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Most likely is. What is the location of this file? You should flag is as a false positive.

Could not replicate on a 64-bit install of Hitman Pro and PrevX Safeoneline. PrevX did NOT detect hitmanpro35.sys' as anything. Hash value of your suspected file and 32 or 64 bit setup you should provide info about!

The file is located in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers folder. It measures 16.5 kilobytes (MD5: 9a035acdb3202e3894252c4c4e0874c8).

The file is located in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers folder. It measures 16.5 kilobytes (MD5: 9a035acdb3202e3894252c4c4e0874c8).

A fresh xp mode install and install of hitman pro, prevx (&hashtab)

Same file as you here

MD5: 9A035ACDB3202E3894252C4C4E0874C8

No alert from PrevX given about that file

I did a scan a couple of days ago, and it was quite odd. When I do an on-demand scan, everything is clean, however, a startup scan detects the ''hitmanoro35.sys'' as a threat... I do a regular startup scan with Hitman Pro and Prevx. I can only assume that ''hitmanpro35.sys'' is some kind of a startup driver for Hitman, and that Prevx flags it while it's operating...

• 3 weeks later...

How is the level applied to age/spread detections? if you put it in the max, it will always flag a recent updated program... not because is a virus, but because it is recently created (newly updated!!!!) and/or not is much present in the cloud( not muchpeople updated the software).

Archived