Scanning a Network?

elohelomg

Hey guys, just wondering, how do you scan ALL the computers within the network, what specifications you would need, and how to set it up as well. I've always thought about it, but never actually tried it, so if you could, please post links, or at least be detailed.I really wanna try it.

Thanks in advance

• Replies 6
  • Views 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are talking Anti-Virus scanning, first you have to have the same exact (Business, Corp. or Enterprise version of an Anti-virus software) installed on all of your network computers.

One computer must be set as the master system. If you don't have more than 3 computers on your network, than it would be much easier and faster to individually scan each one separate.

The setup to scan all of your system on on network depends on which (Business, Corp. or Enterprise) AV package that use are using.

Each vendor's package is setup different.

Thanks.:)

If you are talking Anti-Virus scanning, first you have to have the same exact (Business, Corp. or Enterprise version of an Anti-virus software) installed on all of your network computers.

One computer must be set as the master system. If you don't have more than 3 computers on your network, than it would be much easier and faster to individually scan each one separate.

The setup to scan all of your system on on network depends on which (Business, Corp. or Enterprise) AV package that use are using.

I was thinking more along the lines of having 1 av within the network, and use that to scan the entire network. I kinda dont want to bog down the system with an av solution, as I do enjoy HIPS much much more...but eh, it would be a nice feature to have.

Would it be possible with a server?

I was thinking more along the lines of having 1 av within the network, and use that to scan the entire network. I kinda dont want to bog down the system with an av solution, as I do enjoy HIPS much much more...but eh, it would be a nice feature to have.

Would it be possible with a server?

Some AV's have Windows Server Edition that can scan the complete network, but still you have to have the package installed on all of your network computers.

Home Edition AV's can not scan your complete network properly. You have to have a business, corp. or Enterprise edition.

Like I said do you have at least 4 computers on your network? If not then don't bother with it.

Good luck.:)

if u want want to use a single AV on the network it would be very painfull for the AV

ok but u can try this just share everything on the network and let the AV scan shared files too

Archived