Google Chrome

implague

hey guys im facing a weird problem here for several days i've been using google chrome and i like this app very much though from yesterday chrome is not running so i uninstalled it through revo pro and dnld the stable version 5.0.375.86 but the installer is not installing the software on my PC so i tried to install it thru google.com still the problem is there but the funny thing is portable version of chrome working fine plz guys need help to solve this :unsure:

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

When you click on the installer, nothing happens right?

• Administrator

The chrome installer "does things in the background" if you already have it installed and it will install silently.

Have you waited for a while? Are any files being written to your computer from the installer?

• Administrator

There's a known problem in Chrome. You press on the installer, it keeps on running in the background, does nothing. And Chrome guys do nothing to fix it. Even I'm facing it. In older versions, it was possible to solve it by disabling all the security applications while installing. But in recent versions I've no other way to install it or it's update without extracting files from the installer.

1)when i clicked installer nothing happens

2)i know chrome installs silently

3)i waited almost for 30 mins nothing happens

4)there are no files written on the computer

C'mon guys problem is still there help me to solve it :ph34r:

• Administrator

Somehow v5.0.375.99 got installed without any problems. Opened Chrome and it was updated.

As mentioned above, you can try disabling all the security softwares then try installing it. If it still doesn't work, then extract the exe with 7-Zip and run the exe inside the extracted part (this will install it for sure). ;)

I keep Google Chrome updated on three PCs (Win 7 Ultimate x64, Win 7 Home Premium x64, XP SP3), but I don't have any troubles. This is what I do:

1. Uninstall Google Chrome (but keep your profile information)
  2. Make sure GoogleUpdater.exe (or GoogleUpdate.exe) is removed from %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome and all subfolders (I hate when Chrome forces a silent update on you)
  3. Get the full installer here at nsane.down and run it. (The Google installer will install the evil GoogleUpdater.exe again so we don't want that — well I don't anyway)

I remember DKT27 talked about a Google Chrome installer problem when you tried to update Google Chrome, but it never appeared if you first uninstalled and then re-installed Google Chrome. Anyway, make sure to manually delete GoogleUpdater.exe/GoogleUpdate.exe because an uninstall will NOT remove this evil executable file. :evil: I update Google Chrome when I want to, not when Google wants to.

Somehow v5.0.375.99 got installed without any problems. Opened Chrome and it was updated.

As mentioned above, you can try disabling all the security softwares then try installing it. If it still doesn't work, then extract the exe with 7-Zip and run the exe inside the extracted part (this will install it for sure). ;)

DKT i did that too closed all my security apps frm the pc then extracted the file n try to run installer still not able to install

@Bizzare

the link u sent and the method that told in that link is worked for me it good to hav on the system though srware iron does the same job for me as chrome does thanx again to help me

Wow, having to delete your Google folder is really drastic. That means that both your Application folder and User Data folder were completely deleted. Your install must have been really messed up.

Great to hear that you finally got Google Chrome working again. :D

thanx for guys speacially you Bizz this gives me nice satisfaction u all fantastik

Archived