Windows 8 details leak

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

Francisco Martin, a Microsoft Enthusiast, posted several confidential pieces of information to his blog on Monday revealing improvements that Microsoft is aiming for with Windows 8. Microsoft is planning to enable next generation high speed connectivity solutions such as USB 3.0 and Bluetooth 3.0 within Windows 8. Microsoft's key area of focus appears to be performance and instant-on systems. "Windows 8 PC's turn on fast, nearly instantly in some cases, and are ready to work without any long or unexpected delays. When customers want to check e-mail, sports scores, or play media they love to reach for their PCs because they can get to what they want quickly."

In what appears to be suggestions to OEMs, Microsoft details Windows 8 investments under consideration. Focusing on POST performance, S3 resume performance and general performance optimizations for each of the Off states are the key areas of improvement that Microsoft is aiming for with Windows 8 and Windows 8 enabled PCs.

Microsoft is also aiming to use sensors in Windows 8 PCs. "Windows 8 can adapt to changes in ambient light, so that the display is always easy to see", states part of the document. The document also hints at Kinect like features. "Windows 8 could detect my presence and log me automatically", hinting at PCs being able to detect their users.

view.gif View: Original Article

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds great but one must wonder how many adjustments we would need to make to be able to install this new OS on our current computers. I'm guessing that it would take a massive overhaul.

Sounds great but one must wonder how many adjustments we would need to make to be able to install this new OS on our current computers. I'm guessing that it would take a massive overhaul.

Almost everyone has a webcam now, so the ability to "detect" its owner would be a relatively simple process. My question about it would be, what if someone has a photo of the user in front of the camera, will it be tricked into logging that person. They already discovered that fingerprint detection fails with a piece of cellophane tape and a finger print from a glass. Maybe incorporate visual and audio recognition :think:

The other issue about "instant on" technology is that unless they convert to a *nix type OS, that will be almost impossible even with SSD hard drives. :dunno:

• Administrator

There's no mention about cloud. :blink:

SIRavecavec

@nuthut

I do not think they need to convert to unix, why? And by the way, it wouldnt be Windows anymore, should be holes(a windows unix based os)...

If they want to make it fast, sure they will, they need to, its about time, to show their potential, and I think they do it always. :)

Archived