Problem when installing Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000

sanjoa

Hi, guys! My father uninstalled LifeCam VX-3000 soft because it was working bad. When he tried to reinstall the soft, it says that older installation has not been finished. I've cleaned his computer with CCleaner and TuneUP and restarted it and the problem follows. Even downloading soft from Micro$oft's hardware site tells the same error. Any solution? Thanks.

• Replies 6
  • Views 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Try running the Windows Installer Cleanup Tool to fully remove the "old" version. Restart your computer and then run the "real" installation.

Do note this from the Microsoft website (i've used the tool many times in the past without issue however):

Link

This article previously contained a link to the Windows Installer Cleanup utility (MSICUU2.exe). If you were directed to this article to solve a problem installing a product other than Microsoft Office, please contact your software manufacturer for installation support on the product.

While the Windows Installer Cleanup utility resolved some installation problems, it sometimes damaged other components installed on the computer. Because of this, the tool has been removed from the Microsoft Download Center. The Fix it Solutions in this article provide the ability to fully remove Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 suites without damaging other Windows components.

I've tried that but installation does not appear.

I've tried that but installation does not appear.

could factory set the OS maybe?

I'm thinking in that. But the computer is my mother's one. My father decides that.

try removing the installation data (settings etc)

Archived