Recovery!

elohelomg

Hey guys, so i stupidly formatted one of my usb drives, and well, i wasn't suppose to -____-

i formatted it a couple times as well, which just adds on to the problem...so as you can probably tell, i need help getting them back. I've already run getdataback, and it found a TON of stuff, but most of the recovery options just yielded corrupt files, and the microsoft word documents seem to be in some strange font. The pictures are all damaged too...any ideas as to what can be done?

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
unknownasphyxiated

Hey guys, so i stupidly formatted one of my usb drives, and well, i wasn't suppose to -____-

i formatted it a couple times as well, which just adds on to the problem...so as you can probably tell, i need help getting them back. I've already run getdataback, and it found a TON of stuff, but most of the recovery options just yielded corrupt files, and the microsoft word documents seem to be in some strange font. The pictures are all damaged too...any ideas as to what can be done?

i don't think it would be possible

when you format your usb over and over again, you actually rewrite your data with blank data over and over again

that why you got corrupt file

You could try Piriform Recuva, but I think is is a lost cause, sorry :(

Sl@pSh0ck™

there is a big difference b/w recovering deleted files from recovering files from a reformatted disk/drive ... sad to say it's impossible to recover files from reformated disk/drive.

there is a big difference b/w recovering deleted files from recovering files from a reformatted disk/drive ... sad to say it's impossible to recover files from reformated disk/drive.

If you did a quick reformat (not overwrite everything with emptiness :P) it should be as easy as recovering deleted files...

Sl@pSh0ck™

If you did a quick reformat (not overwrite everything with emptiness :P) it should be as easy as recovering deleted files...

overwrite everything with emptiness :lol: I like that!

Thats what i did, a quick format...like i said, it does pick up some of the files, but most are corrupt...

Use R-Studio Network Edition... There are several programs out there that have this capability.. IF you have not shredded the drive or written ANY information to it.. then you should be able to scan and recover them.. Some however may recover corrupted.. if this happens then its lost.. ( more than likely.. )

Archived