jailbreaking an Ipod touch 3g

Win7nerd

what is the app and what does it do?

i recently got an ipod touch like a day a go or so and wanna try this jail breaking thing, i wanna know what it will do,

if so what DOES it do? cuz i dont wanna have to replace my ipod lol, as far as restoring i dont mind it :listen:

please tell me what this redsn0w app this does?:blink:

• Replies 10
  • Views 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well all you have to do is write in google ipod Touch 3g jailbreak..... <_<

But here if you are so lazy:

With jailbreak your life will be easier, i can't imaging to have fun with an ipod touch without jailbreak :P

If you jailbreak your ipod, you will get a new application called cydia in your menu, its like appstore, but it has many many apps that can change many things in your ipod, in appstore you can't download most apps because apple does not accept most apps. For example i have multitasking on my ipod since i got it(from cydia), and see apple they just added multitasking to their OS and still it does not support all apps. You can use themes, you can change the icons of the apps, you can change the menu background, you can have shortcut for wlan/bluetooth/brightness etc.

The best part and the most important part about jailbreaking is the reason that you can download all apps form appstore for free! For that you have to search in cydia for "installous" and install that.

You can then open the app installous and you will be able to download almost every single paid app from the appstore for free, this means Installous is like appstore, only that its free ;) Which is ofc not legal!

Here you see the newest apps that are allready cracked and free to dowload via installous: http://apptrackr.org/

The bad part is:

The gurantee of your ipod won't be valid anymore!

PS: Do not update to iOS 4 if you want to jailbreak your ipod. And i would use "Spirit" jailbreak!

The bad part is:

The gurantee of your ipod won't be valid anymore!

whats that mean please explain:eekout:

If something in the software (or even the hardware) screws up (without it being your fault) then you won't be able to get it fixed for free (which would be the case usually).

As shought said it allready, they will not fix your iPod for free because they can see that your device was jailbroken, apple does not like that and you broke the agreement between you and apple.

But the guarantee will anyway not fix things like broken display, you should know if you take the risk for jailbreaking, at least 65% of iPod users do that ;)

If you ask me, i would say jailbreak it but you should decide what you want.

What BBs said is that the chances of you actually making use of this guarantee are very slim. If it gets broken the guarantee will most likely not cover it because it was caused by a shock or something (which is not their fault). They'll only fix it if something in the software / inside hardware (electronics) is messed up without it being your fault. The chance that this actually happens is really small.

other than being able to easily jailbreak with spirit (considering you haven't upgraded to ios4), its pretty easy to unjailbreak using itunes. just check out recovery of dfu mode.

if you need to bring it to apple (to claim your warranty), you just need to "restore" it and they won't even know it was jailbroken

well sure i can do that but i did the mistake of upgrading to the iOS 4 BEFORE reading up on jail-breaking and all that stuff, i know how to get the 3.1 release but will it work on any releases BEFORE iOS 4?

Sub0Freeze

Hey, how's it going?

I'm not too bad when it comes to computers and programming, but am totally lost in the world of mobile phones. My co-worker just got an iPhone 3G and would like to jailbreak it so she can use it on the Verizon network.

Can anyone give me any information about this? Thanks.

jalaffa Edit:

Your topic merged with a prior one about the same

Archived