When were you last infected?

Lite

• Administrator

It seems almost everyone uses some sort of security tool, so when was the last time you were actually infected? How did you overcome this infection? What new precautions did you put in place (if any)?

Me? I've not been infected in over 6 years :) (probably longer to the be honest)

• Replies 71
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fr.jack hackett

Well i've just had to manually remove my second 'resistant' infection in ooh lemme see, 7 years. son number 1 helpfully down loaded a non-AV prog :frusty: as this is not the first time it is the last tho. Have deleted his profile off the desktop :sadbye: i've gifted him a 1ghz P3m ancient lappy - serves him right.... ahhh, runescape as a slide show :lol:

I been infected with some DUMB adware i dont know how i got it but i disenfected it quick. It came from a pop up on Rapid8... Well i disabled the AdBlocker from FF just to download but i got something fast lol. Its ok i used Kaspersky Removal Tool. and thats it. I did not have ESET installed because i dint feel like it lol but i rarely get infected its a 1st.

Depends, I consider all the systems in our home my responsibility so then it'd be a week ago :P

But on my own system I've been infection free for about 2-4 years, maybe even longer. Not sure.

Sl@pSh0ck™

I only get infected by tracking cookies (if you consider that an infection), real malware infection, never and never will be .. (hopefully) :)

I can't remember when it was but my infection lead to the great search for a better AV product and I found NOD32 v2.5 on this very site. :rolleyes:

I only get infected by tracking cookies (if you consider that an infection), real malware infection, never and never will be .. (hopefully) :)

not counting cookies and winrars that the antis dont like from here. also not counting este saying it block something from some site i would have to say once when i downloads a sex.exe and tested it. i really dont count that either because the av stop it in its tracks as soon as i click on it. not sure which av i was back then around 10 years ago. been using some kind of nod 32 for over 4 years now. as for kids computer when it has problems im guessing a toolbar malware because he click to allow when the popup popup on the screen. i remember reading somewhere where people dont get viruses anymore. they get the other crap. worms, trojans and wares.

oh i did have a EI web browser hyjack when i try going to google and other places. and home page hyjack. that all back in almost 10 years. a restore fix that. but a real real infection that takes over and freaken gives your computer the vd, herpes or hiv nope.

Pain of Salvation

I don't remember. That's way I keep it simple now: MSE, LUA with Applocker, DEP enabled for all programs.

i've not been infected from a year or so last i got infected bye a dialer which is a fake winxp virus i ve removed some files from Document and settings since then i've started using a firewall and a eset AV a good spyware remover tool

About 4 years ago... i downloaded a fake program from P2P that delete all my MP3 file :angry:

About 4 years ago... i downloaded a fake program from P2P that delete all my MP3 file :angry:

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaahahahahahahah :rofl:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sounds like a virus that was made by the RIAA.

p2p from limewire??

• Administrator

About a week ago. MBAM found it. As far as I know, was a keylogger. Was found in Windows\System32. Named h@tkeysh@@k.dll.

But infected with anything major, last time, was about a year ago.

My last infection was october last year...how did I avoid being infected ever since?

simple, I just watch the sites I browse....I compiled a bookmark list with all the sites I browse and it's as simple as that. As long as I don't stop outside that area, I should be perfectly fine.

3-4 years ago... :D

Got infected by watching some stuff on the internet. You guys know what i'm talking about. We have all been there right? :P

At that time I used Norton AV 2005.. :P Worst AV ever.

p2p from limewire??

eMule... but I recovered all files :dance2:

A few months before XP SP3 final landed.

Got infected by watching some stuff on the internet. You guys know what i'm talking about. We have all been there right? :P

PR0N PR0N PR0N!!!!!~~!!~!~WOOOOOOO

hahahaha

know that one.. when I was like 12.. :lol:

Well.. It's been a while.. maybe 2 years? (That was the time I began working with AV and anti malware tools like HJT etc.. )

Also.. like Marik.. I know where I go.. and I know what I download.

Miss being invected tho.. loved to remove it from my pc and have the feeling: "YEA.. GTFOO MAWFAKKKAAAAAA VIRUSSS"

hehehe, yea.. I would be really enjoying deleting these kind of stuff.. (when my pc isn't really fucked :P )

It seems almost everyone uses some sort of security tool, so when was the last time you were actually infected? How did you overcome this infection? What new precautions did you put in place (if any)?

Me? I've not been infected in over 6 years :) (probably longer to the be honest)

the last 6 years you didnt need to open a suspicious file or website because you needed to?

really strange.. you must be very selective for what jobs you do on your computer

Obviously, we know, lol...

Watching educational videos for kids. Dang those virus makers trying to infect kids with their garbage; education, pfff!

• Administrator

There was a time i got infected a few times in a short period of time, since then i considered my actions a little bit more carefully and have developed a much better understanding of how/ why infections come into the fore. I use my computer for everything, without fear ;)

Infections...Infections... I had several as usual during our life...but medicine did a good job. :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On computers: -

I am well prepared . When I leave Net, always return to the previous situation in 4 minutes.

I have an OS backup just for testing new software.

And... besides backups on another Partition , I still have a full backup in DVD.

For many years I don`t have to install Windows from the begin.

All I need is the 2 boot CD done with Ghost 11.02 ( for XP ). None program installed, just the Boot CD to Recover and Backup OS.

Very easy, very fast, never fails.

Virus where are you ? Com`on ! --» you will be disappointed... :fist:

Archived