Wireless Bridging

nuthut

I have a 2wire AT&T wireless router/modem connected to the internet and a netgear router. I have the netgear hooked up to my samsung blu ray player in the living room. What I would like to do is set up the netgear so it is a slave repeater and have my 2wire modem as the host so I don't have to use a bridged connection on my PC to connect the two together.

I already set up the netgear as a repeater and set it to the IP of the 2wire. The 2wire does not recognize the netgear as a wireless device and will not connect to it.

Any help will be appreciated.

BTW. I don't want to buy the propritory samsung wireless device for my blu ray. I just want to use my existing hardware.

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know exactly what you are trying to do but it cannot be done with the default firmware on the Netgear router. You need a 3rd party firmware like dd-wrt or tomato to allow you to use client bridge mode else it will never work.

What model and version is the Netgear router? Check underneath by the barcode.

I know exactly what you are trying to do but it cannot be done with the default firmware on the Netgear router. You need a 3rd party firmware like dd-wrt or tomato to allow you to use client bridge mode else it will never work.

What model and version is the Netgear router? Check underneath by the barcode.

WPN824v3

WPN824v3

WPN824v3 is not supported by dd-wrt or tomato firmware. You won't get the functionality you want from the stock firmware, your only option is to buy a cheap 35US router that is capable of running dd-wrt or tomato.

WPN824v3

WPN824v3 is not supported by dd-wrt or tomato firmware. You won't get the functionality you want from the stock firmware, your only option is to buy a cheap 35US router that is capable of running dd-wrt or tomato.

thanks for the help :)

Archived