eset company

jimmy_cy

hey guys

im wondering why eset not releasing any new versions?

will they close their company or something?

the sure is their firewall at eset smart security is really on a poor level

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

It only releases a new version when it's needed. Isn't long when the last version was released. ESET is doing a good job, I see no reason for them to close down.

The firewall has only improved through the times. ;)

v4.2.42 was recently released why would they need a new version again? I don't use their firewall so I don't know how poor it is in real world testing, it is a bit difficult to use in advanced mode. There is always room for improvement so whenever the next version comes out I guess it will be improved.

I highly doubt they will close their company, they have one of the best antivirus on the planet. What makes you say their firewall is poor though? I hope it's not because of matousec tests results, those tests are not accurate if you only look at the final answer. They rate products down for not stopping autorun malware, what the hell does a firewall have to do with autorun I will never know.

before some months i used to use eset smart security

and when i was listesing some songs my notepad opened and inside it it wrote hello we are from paypal. please give us your paypal password for solving some problems that were caused

i freaked out ..

i closed it and again it reopened saying the same

i said some bad words for the hacker and i closed it..

from that time im always using zonealarm firewall and i never had problems...

zonealarm is always top 1 as the best firewall

was you on a network?

i haveseen este runign with windows firewall on too which is a no no

before some months i used to use eset smart security

and when i was listesing some songs my notepad opened and inside it it wrote hello we are from paypal. please give us your paypal password for solving some problems that were caused

i freaked out ..

i closed it and again it reopened saying the same

i said some bad words for the hacker and i closed it..

:lmao: :rofl:

Being a security suite, the ESS is always gonna find it tough to be as competitive as a dedicated firewall. The exception here is KIS. However, on the basis of EAV, ESET would I don't figure try to close shop.

from that time im always using zonealarm firewall and i never had problems...

zonealarm is always top 1 as the best firewall

ZoneAlarm was the no. 1 firewall . . . . . . . . . 3 years ago - that was because Trend Micro was the only competitor. Today, competition is stiff with new Entrants vying for their share of the pie - check the no. 2 in the latest popular charts:-

2zh2v7k.jpg

i also know that as full security suite is not at highest levels

but as firewall is the best solution you can find

28rfi3a.gif that is a 2010 test which puts zonealarm pro as top 1 firewall

http://personal-firewall-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

:hehe: Sorry to disappoint but Top Ten REVIEWS people are scoundrels who rank software just for paybacks. A more unbiased site which reviews firewalls is here.

@ test004

If you've taken a liking for ZoneAlarm - like to suggest the PRO version. EOD, it's the User and not the choice of firewall that matters. :)

The stats shown by you both are rating different things anyway, they cannot be compared like that. dcs18 has posted some benchmark results based on simulated real world threats whereas test004 ratings are based on things like feature set, ease of use etc. While I do not agree with some of the testing done by matousec (eg autorun tests for firewall apps) I still would consider the results of the matousec test when choosing a firewall product. I download and read the entire report for the product I want and if I see the only reason it got low scores was because it failed to block some autorun test then I could live with that because PC Tools firewall for example is a very good firewall, just that it only has 1 function as a firewall alone so it does not pass everyone of matousec tests since some of them are not meant for firewalls alone.

Please bear in mind that Zone Alarm is very slow and they avoid getting placed on performance tests for this reason. Take a look at the following performance reports done by Passmark and AV-Comparatives, they are the 2 most reliable names in independent testing.

http://www.multiupload.com/40CFFKFU80

http://www.multiupload.com/K2YECV5QL5

You would notice Zone Alarm is not there, they don't want you to see how their product really performs which is something we need to consider. If a program is slowing down PC performance by a noticeable amount then I would suggest using another. Personally I don't use ESET firewall, I don't like it, the interface is not anywhere close to my idea of user friendly.

If you want to go one software suite to handle everything I believe KIS is one of the best, else you could use NOD32 antivirus along with another firewall like online armour or pc tools etc.

LOL yeah in my screenshot, I was only trying to highlight that "new Entrants are grabbing the pie-chart" (Online Solutions Security Suite - never heard of this firewall, though.)

LOL yeah in my screenshot, I was only trying to highlight that "new Entrants are grabbing the pie-chart" (Online Solutions Security Suite - never heard of this firewall, though.)

When I read your earlier post, I thought you were recommending that product so I went to their website. I didn't recognize the company at all so I lost all interest. :fear: Thanks for the clarification. :lol:

@ Night Owl

Well, after spotting that never-heard-of firewall, I myself almost started to have suspicions on the integrity of the matousec guys - however, one needs to try it out. :)

@ test004

I learned my firewall rules using ZoneAlarm - it's a very user-friendly & educative firewall.

hey guys

im wondering why eset not releasing any new versions?

will they close their company or something?

the sure is their firewall  at eset smart security is  really on a poor level

Huh?

• 1 month later...

:hehe: Sorry to disappoint but Top Ten REVIEWS people are scoundrels who rank software just for paybacks. A more unbiased site which reviews firewalls is here.

THANKS

Archived