PC Problem

mmethw2003

I'm Having a Problem with my PC ...

[ When PC goes to sleep mode , it won't wake up , anyway the PC's getting up but I can't see any display .. monitor says ...check u'r cable connectivity and after few seconds monitor goes to sleep mode ....To recover from this i have to restart my computer not once i have to restart it twice ... This started 3 weeks ago .... ]

few days ago i faced another problem ... while i was trying to install ... Ubuntu in to my VMware server, in order to get the focus of my mouse pointer back to my main window i hve to press ctrl + Alt , if i press these 2 keys computer goes to sleep mode and i hve to restart my computer again -> (this related to the above para) ...

I just want to knw is this a HW failure or some kind of Virus infection ??? :o :o :o :o

<< I'm using Windows 7 64bit edition >>

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
unknownasphyxiated

i'm not so sure why it happen but i had an experience with the Ctrl+Alt problem

it happen due to my keyboard.

buy a new one then the problem solved

try use another keyboard, i mean your friend keyboard

see if the problem solved

try check your BIOS setting for the sleep problem

Did you update your video card driver around the time the 'waking up' problem started?

No idea about the stuff in your VM...

if you are able too. donwload all your keeper files ei photos music and movies to an extrenal harddrive. factory reset your computer. update all of ms security crap. many reboots later. update software for your 3rd party hardware. ei if computer was store like bought then go to their website and update the stuff for your model. if you made it get the updates for your pieces like sound and video etc. reboot. test it out. see if it still has sleep problem. then day or two later start reinstalling software. guesing you use a lot of special ones from front page here so study what they have and grab the latest ones for what you want your system to do. .

PC wakeup problems either caused by hardware bug in amd chipset which can be resolved by some windows updates or bios problems. I suggest you update to the latest bios for your motherboard.

i'm not so sure why it happen but i had an experience with the Ctrl+Alt problem

it happen due to my keyboard.

buy a new one then the problem solved

try use another keyboard, i mean your friend keyboard

see if the problem solved

try check your BIOS setting for the sleep problem

Abt da keyboard issue ... i did dat bt still i'm hvng da same problem :(

Did you update your video card driver around the time the 'waking up' problem started?

No idea about the stuff in your VM...

I did update my video drivers after the problem started ... i thought it may b wth old drivers so i updated it ....

if you are able too. donwload all your keeper files ei photos music and movies to an extrenal harddrive. factory reset your computer. update all of ms security crap. many reboots later. update software for your 3rd party hardware. ei if computer was store like bought then go to their website and update the stuff for your model. if you made it get the updates for your pieces like sound and video etc. reboot. test it out. see if it still has sleep problem. then day or two later start reinstalling software. guesing you use a lot of special ones from front page here so study what they have and grab the latest ones for what you want your system to do. .

dat's an excellent idea ... i'm keeping dat as my last option ... backing up my HDD is knd f impssble nw :)

PC wakeup problems either caused by hardware bug in amd chipset which can be resolved by some windows updates or bios problems. I suggest you update to the latest bios for your motherboard.

I'm hvng a Intel 945 GNT mother board with a LG 775 Socket HT processor (3.06 GHz)....

What's the OS you're running, BTW? :unsure:

<< I'm using Windows 7 64bit edition >>

OK, would it help if you prevented your system from getting into 'sleep mode?

yeahh i can set it ... bt i want to knw da problem ...coz if it's wth HW day by day definitly it's going for da wrst .....so bfre a major breakdwn ... i want to fix it :)

This is not caused by a virus. One of my Customers had this issue a couple of years ago (trying to remember what we did to resolve it, then.) :think:

This is not caused by a virus. One of my Customers had this issue a couple of years ago (trying to remember what we did to resolve it, then.) :think:

I'm greatfull if smeone can gve me answer to my Problem :(

Archived