Time Zone Problem

csmdew

Noticed my time was off so I did an auto adjustment and then learned that I only have 1 time zone available (damascus utc+02:00) so I ended up 7 hrs off. I then had to set manually but when an auto update happens again its going to damascus time. Any ideas on how to get all the time zones back; figure it must have been an update that caused the problem. Thanks

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry forgot to mention was windows 7; pretty sure there was something about 7 having a time problem but unable so far to find anything, thanks.

There was a recent Windows Update to fix some time zone problems:

KB981793

Install this update to resolve issues caused by revised daylight saving time and time zone laws in several countries. This update enables your computer to automatically adjust the computer clock on the correct date in 2010. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

EDIT: Here is the link to the knowledge base article

Important This update supersedes and replaces update 979306, which was released in February 2010. This update also includes additional time zone changes that were signed in to law after update 979306 was created.

If you have already deployed update 979306, read the descriptions of the specific time zone changes that are addressed in this article to determine whether you must deploy this update immediately. If systems are not directly affected, you can schedule deployment at the next available opportunity.

We recommend that you deploy the most current Windows cumulative time zone update to guarantee the consistency of the time zone database on all systems.

There was a recent Windows Update to fix some time zone problems:

KB981793

Install this update to resolve issues caused by revised daylight saving time and time zone laws in several countries. This update enables your computer to automatically adjust the computer clock on the correct date in 2010. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

EDIT: Here is the link to the knowledge base article

Important This update supersedes and replaces update 979306, which was released in February 2010. This update also includes additional time zone changes that were signed in to law after update 979306 was created.

If you have already deployed update 979306, read the descriptions of the specific time zone changes that are addressed in this article to determine whether you must deploy this update immediately. If systems are not directly affected, you can schedule deployment at the next available opportunity.

We recommend that you deploy the most current Windows cumulative time zone update to guarantee the consistency of the time zone database on all systems.

Thanks, think that might have been when the problem started because it failed 5 times before install. Am now removing and will see if it gets corrected.

Tried deleting the 793 update and then re-installing it but still don't have anything but damascus. Could someone export a copy of their time zones req entry and uplod here so I can import it to my registry. I have no string values for it or any subbordinates of that key and is probably why they are not showing up, thanks.

Backup your registry (or at least those keys) before using this please.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6088672/TimeZones.reg

They are Dutch though... (But it will probably fix your problem, so, you decide :))

Do u mean it is dutch language and do u think dutch will mesh with english registry; can always import and if not compatable then just dele it, thanks.

Will wait a few to see if anyone comes up with an english key before I try :fear

Yeah, I've got a Dutch system... The values are not in Dutch though :P Lol, they can't be, hehe.

I think it'll work just fine, just when selecting the timezone you might see the Dutch name of some cities/other stuff. Doesn't really matter because you see UTC + .... as well so :)

Yea, the listing is really different but I did find an EST so that's all I need and will now try a reboot to see if compatable, thanks.

No problem :)

If you'd ever feel the need you could always replace the registry entries with the entries from an English version of WIndows 7 ;)

Archived