outlook 2010 proxy settings

Sl@pSh0ck™

Sl@pSh0ck™

does anybody know how to configure outlook 2010 to connect using a proxy or can it ever be set to use a proxy just like thunderbird? Thanks.

• Replies 18
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe you need to set it in IE for outlook to use it.

Sl@pSh0ck™

I believe you need to set it in IE for outlook to use it.

That's what I thought too but I already tried that to no avail ...

Sl@pSh0ck™
rolleyes.gif maybe ..

:D I'm pretty sure you will get the same answers all around. outlook always uses the proxy settings of windows, it has no proxy settings of its own. Go to internet options in control panel, click connections tab then click lan settings, disable automatic detection then configure the proxy settings and also you should tick the box below to bypass proxy for local addresses. outlook may look different but it's the same crap since 1997, even in 2010 we still cannot have an easy way to migrate settings and mail to new installation of windows as what can be done with thunderbird.

Sl@pSh0ck™

I've tried everything still no go ... scrap this I'm going back to thunderbird laugh.gif

• Administrator

scrap this I'm going back to thunderbird laugh.gif

Congratulations. You've just made a right choice. You are awarded by a better, secure and modern day email client. :P

Sl@pSh0ck™

You are right D, now looking for a better theme for thunderbird, any suggestions?

I've tried everything still no go ... scrap this I'm going back to thunderbird laugh.gif

Thunderbird is a nice one. I graduated to The Bat! Professional which is the most sophisticated amongst email clients and is updated quite frequently like Thunderbird. B)

You are right D, now looking for a better theme for thunderbird, any suggestions?

Try Eudora, it's a drop in replacement for Thunderbird. Eudora uses the same Thunderbird folder in %appdata% to store settings etc so if you configure any settings or destroy anything in Eudora it affects Thunderbird as well.

dcs I want to try out the bat, can you say if it is easy to migrate settings from The Bat Pro to new installations or computers? If it's as easy as moving a folder from the roaming directory then it would be something good to have.

LeetPirate,

The Bat! Professional is the most customizable and configurable email client I've ever used and yes the installation directory can be selected during installation as well as can be easily migrated (after installation) and also amongst different computers. This installation directory is nearly a portable - the default installation directory is:-

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\The Bat! Pwd

ps:-

The Bat! Professional 'Mail Account' settings and other configurations (with registration key) are stored in:-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RIT]

Urge you to try it - The Bat! Professional is for high-end Users (so I'm sure you'll like it.) B)

I'm using it now, looks nice so far, tons of options. I'll keep using it so I could get a hang of all the options and features.

nivrid you should give it a try...

The Bat! v4.2.36.4 Professional Edition

Site: http://www.multiupload.com/

Sharecode: PTVW45P14R [?]

Yeah cool, I knew it would suit you. :)

Like nivrid05, I was using Outlook 2007 for almost a couple of years but it would crash and corrupt the .pst mail file once it exceeded 2 GBs. The Bat! Professional is doing fine with my present 5 GBs plus mailbox.

Just one little suggestion, the inbuilt 'backup' and 'restore' functions have been reported to fail once in a way - so, it's wiser to manually backup the mail directory whenever required:-

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\The Bat! Pwd

Yea I do manual backups of the entire roaming folder whenever I need to reinstall Windows or something. I use goodsync for monthly backups of my entire user profile as well.

I hate outlook :angry: that pile of sh** even with outlook 2010 when you reinstall windows everything is lost in outlook. That's why I keep saying that outlook is the same crap since 1997 just with a better looking gui, it's still worthless.

Outlook is like that videogame mortal kombat, each new version the users look forward to it then after they get it they realise it's the same crap from before except that it looks better this time. :lol:

Sl@pSh0ck™

I'm using it now, looks nice so far, tons of options. I'll keep using it so I could get a hang of all the options and features.

nivrid you should give it a try...

The Bat! v4.2.36.4 Professional Edition

Site: http://www.multiupload.com/

Sharecode: PTVW45P14R [?]

thatks Leet and dcs18, will give this one a shot :)

Archived