Opera claims 50% speed gains with 10.60 beta

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

medium.jpg

Latest browser adds geo-location and enhanced HTML5 support

Browser developer Opera has released a beta of Opera 10.60, claiming that it is fifty per cent faster than the previous release.

The company has added a geo-location feature which lets the browser detect and map the user's location, along with WebM support for HTML5 video, according to Opera.

A new easy-to-use interface now features icons replacing the previous thumbnails for faster navigation, the firm added.

New search features will help to deliver localised results, the firm said, and the browser will add search suggestions to its Speed dial pages.

"The latest version of Opera improves on our robust HTML5 support, and provides more options for quick and efficient web search through your preferred search engines," said Opera Software chief development officer Christen Krogh.

"By combining raw speed with intuitive and easy-to-use features, Opera places you among the fastest internet users on the planet."

Opera 10.60 is available for all operating systems.

view.gif View: Original Article

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opera is fast, but it's a bit quirky so I don't really like using it anymore. I use Google Chrome when I want speed and I use Firefox when I just want everything to work properly :lol: !!

I use Google Chrome when I want speed and I use Firefox when I just want everything to work properly :lol: !!

i do the best but i don use Chrome anymore lol

Archived