Photoshop Text-Signature Tutorial

Toshiro

Got some request to make a tut, hehe.. this is for you guys..enjoy ;)

---

Open Photoshop, File>>New and choose your settings. I used the folowing:

new.JPG

Fill the background with a black color (with the paintbucket tool). Then select with the Text tool an area. The size doesn't matter.

Typ the text you want in the selected area/canvas. Continue to copy/paste the text until it fills the entire canvas. Stretch the box out using the text tool until it expands beyond the canvas size.

I used the font "Franklin Gothic Book" size: 16 color: #404040. You can mess with the text settings till you like it. (Like changing the height spacing etc. ) You can do this by pressing on the Settings icon while using the text tool:

textsettings.JPG

It should look like this now:

TEXT.JPG

Now, with the Marque tool (the first tool in your list) you rightclick on the text and click on "Free Transform". Begin to rotate the box clockwise in about a 45 degree angle.

It should look like this now:

tEXTAFTERTRANSFORM.JPG

You got your background. Now it's time for the Symbols/Initials.

Select the Text tool and press on a spot outside the background text. Now, Typ the Initials you want and move the layer to the spot you want it.. (I put it in the center :) )

(I used the font Stenha (you can download it from dafont.com))

And with these letters you also can mess with the text settings...

textsettings.JPG

This is what I got from it:

ND.JPG

Now select the layer with the Initials. You'll see some marching ants (spotted line across the letters). When you see the marching ants, you hide the layer by pressing on the "eye".

See the picture for a "how-to":

select.JPG

Now, rightclick the backgroundtext layer and press "Rasterize Type". With the Marque Tool you rightclick in the area of the marching ants and press "Layer Via Cut".

Like this:

layerviacut.jpg

A new layer has been made with the cut-out initials. Now rightclick that layer and press "Blending Options"

Go to "Color Overlay" and use the following settings:

coloroverlay.JPG

Time to add the extra text around the "D"

Use the Pen tool and make a half circle right to the letter "D"

pentool.JPG

Grab the Text Tool and click on the line you made with the Pen Tool.

Add the text you want and the color you want. You can use your own imagination on this one :)

I did it like this:

finishing%20touch.JPG

Now, for the finishing touch.

Create a new layer (Name it InnerGlow) and put it move it above the other layers.

With the paint bucket tool you have to fill the layer. Doesn't matter which color you use.

Now, make sure you selected (!) the InnerGlow layer. Now change the Fill % to 0%:

fill.jpg

Rightclick that same layer (innerglow) and press on Blending Options.

Use the following settings @ the "Inner Glow" Tab.

innerglow.JPG

That's it guys..

Mine looks like this now:

FINAL.JPG

Enjoy ;)

• Replies 10
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sl@pSh0ck™

nice tut bro ... will have to try this one out ... I am a n00b when it comes to photoshop :frusty:

nice tut bro ... will have to try this one out ... I am a n00b when it comes to photoshop :frusty:

Everyone is in the beginning :)

• Administrator

Nice tut. :)

In PS, I'm inbetween of a n00b and a normal user.

I am a n00b when it comes to photoshop :frusty:

same here :frusty:

Excellent tut mate! ;) I was the one who requested it. Thanks! :D

EDIT:

I came across with this vid afterwards.. is this even possible?

Sure it is possible. I dunno how tho, haven't been experimenting with Photoshop CS5.

Sure it is possible. I dunno how tho, haven't been experimenting with Photoshop CS5.

Do you think this is a built-in feature of CS5 or just a filter add-in? :think:

• Administrator

Yup it's possible without any doubt. Some of the things done in the above video is done by spot healing brush or healing brush tool. You can also do the same with selecting a area then edit > fill > content-aware. Although spot healing brush or healing brush is not new in photoshop cs5, but the content-aware is. ;)

I haven't come across frequently with the other methods mentioned in the video so I can't really comment on that. But it is possible.

Yup it's possible without any doubt. Some of the things done in the above video is done by spot healing brush or healing brush tool. You can also do the same with selecting a area then edit > fill > content-aware. Although spot healing brush or healing brush is not new in photoshop cs5, but the content-aware is. ;)

I haven't come across frequently with the other methods mentioned in the video so I can't really comment on that. But it is possible.

Nono, this is a new feature in PS CS5 :)

Archived