Avast 5.0.545 Pro and Windows 7 64bit

alalalal

Is it working? I install it on WinXP so month ago, it is woking fine, but how to install on Win7? Yesterday I was trying everythink, but still i had error message licence is out of date ...

• Replies 2
  • Views 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it working? I install it on WinXP so month ago, it is woking fine, but how to install on Win7? Yesterday I was trying everythink, but still i had error message licence is out of date ...

Yes the most recent pro version is working under 7 x64. I've been testing it successfully along with outpost pro 7.0 (3373.514.1234) and previous 7.0.xxx builds all components enabled both applications, with no issues what so ever and hardly any resources used. As for the 'updating' issue it's sounds like you have a 'corrupt' *Cough* version of the ashbase.dll. Can I suggest you find the 'fixed' version (Google, or search on here) and follow the instructions to replace the .dll file, and I suggest you make sure you only update the database for the antivirus and not the program as this will then revert back to the same issue. (In which case simply following the instructions for replacing the ashbase.dll file.)

Hope that makes sense. :)

Regards

Dodel.

Bleh, sorry forgot to sign in.

jalaffa Edit:

Merged them :)

Yes the most recent pro version is working under 7 x64. I've been testing it successfully along with outpost pro 7.0 (3373.514.1234) and previous 7.0.xxx builds all components enabled both applications, with no issues what so ever and hardly any resources used. As for the 'updating' issue it's sounds like you have a 'corrupt' *Cough* version of the ashbase.dll. Can I suggest you find the 'fixed' version (Google, or search on here) and follow the instructions to replace the .dll file, and I suggest you make sure you only update the database for the antivirus and not the program as this will then revert back to the same issue. (In which case simply following the instructions for replacing the ashbase.dll file.)

Hope that makes sense. :)

Regards

Dodel.

thanx for your answer :-)

but still I dont know where is problem:

1) install avast without restart

2) disable self defense

3) kill avast UI process in taskmgr

4) stop avast service

5) delete original ashbase.dll (i had problems to delete this file)

6) copy cracked ashbase.dll

7) restart

still I have license error .... why?

Archived