problem with 2 user accounts

myidisbb

on a gateway 64 vista home. when i switch off or log off and then click on a different account user it trys to "preparing desktop" crap. i have to restart/reboot and then there is no problem/change to the account user i was gong to click on. what is causing this? any ideas?

• Replies 5
  • Views 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

try creating a admin account and Delete the other accounts, otherwise you may have a virus or something, also make sure you delete their files and settings also (if its necessary)

try creating a admin account and Delete the other accounts, otherwise you may have a virus or something, also make sure you delete their files and settings also (if its necessary)

both are admin rights. no viurs. use only nsnae front page stuff. going to uninstall eBoostr 4.0.0 Build 554 this weekend and see if it still happens. that is the only think i can think of that might be causing it.

• Administrator

Sounds like somethings corrupted somewhere on your system to me. Is this a fresh install or something that has been restored/ recovered?

Try checking all your system files via the "sfc /scannow" command.

If that doesn't help you can try to fix the possibly corrupted user account via this link.

Sounds like somethings corrupted somewhere on your system to me. Is this a fresh install or something that has been restored/ recovered?

Try checking all your system files via the "sfc /scannow" command.

If that doesn't help you can try to fix the possibly corrupted user account via this link.

it was a factory reset. my kid had gotten his computer to where windows update would not work.

would i have to do that scan for each account or jsut one will do?

when i reboot the account is fine. one of the reasons i think ebooster might be my problem

Archived