free napster tunes for 14 days

Guest tensegg

Guest tensegg
By:  Cory Higgins

In my daily trolling of the world wide web this morning I ran across a very interesting blog entry.  This blog contains detailed instructions of a new free Napster music give away, only this time Napster doesn't know about it.  With a few easy tricks one can turn Napsters fourteen day free trial into 20,160 minutes of free music, otherwise known as 252 80 minute CD-R's.

Here are the directions on how to claim your free music.  First download and install Napster.  (Wow never thought we would be doing that again, eh?) Second fire up Winamp.  Then download and install a winamp plug in called Output Stacker.  Next, Open Winamp Options->Plug-ins->Output->Dietmar's Output Stacker->Configure

- Add out_ds.dll from Winamp/Plug-ins folder

- Add out_disk.dll from Winamp/Plug-ins folder

- Select out_disk.dll in the Output Stacker->Configure

- Set the output directory and output file mode to Force WAV file

- Exit preferences

Finally, download the Napster WMA's, and press play.  As winamp plays each file it will be converted into a .wav file. If you don't know how to burn that into a standard music CD, unplug your PC and call AOL customer support right away.

It seems as if the industry may have finally found a way to attract some die hard P2P fans to one of their pay services.  Granted I don't see it likey that anyone with stay with Napster any longer then 14 days. And if one trys this at all it is for the novelty as much as anything.  P2PForums would like to thank warlock171 from CDFreaks.com for discovering this interesting little “hack”.

I havent tried it, cant be arsed installing winamp, but apperenrly works fine, napster know about it and say they dont care :unsure: :huh:

• Replies 3
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LemonHead2089

tensegg... thats old news :unsure:

I'm an old guy  :think:  :P

Thats really a very old news....

Came up somewhere in the old nsane forums....

I think Output Stacker has been removed from the winamp website....

and I think nsane had provided a copy long ago....

This is a dead news....

I hope u woudnt say "I m a dead guy" :P

Archived