How to Open Logitech x-230 Subwoofer?

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Dear Readers,

This is going to sound extremely dumb to ask but it is a semi excuse for me to buy new Speakers to my Parents... I'd go buy them myself but the price is too high and had a friend already buy it for me online (As my Credit Cards are linked to Dad's Account).

But then I can't necessarily replicate my problem to prove to my parents that my speakers need replacing... They are Labtec LCS-2424 (I don't think they even make them/ sell them so ancient).

And sometimes (Can't really give when) but the right Speaker will just Die out... And when I use the Volume control on my Keyboard Sometimes when highering the sound it will come back and when it it too low it will die out again... I have tried plugging/re-plugging the cable and sometimes that does the trick but then again at random times it just dies out.

As of right now they are fine... but my plan is.. Is there anyway to just 'permanently' turn off the Right Speaker (Until I get my new speakers). I tried the Sound Settings in Control Panal but then when I higher the volume via keyboard the right comes back on (And if I prove to dad they are broken I have to show through this method)... And I cannot damage the speaker (Rip off a cable or something).

So wondering if anyone has any ideas...

• Replies 3
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SacredCultivator

Hehe as i mentioned that didn't work... It did BUT if I use the volume control on my Keyboard it just goes back to normal... (Don't use the keyboard then) If dad questions about changing/trying it keyboard and it shows up to work haha all over for me><, but hopefully when it comes my Dad won't be home, as he won't notice the change but the UPS here ships it around the time my Dad is home >< hehe... well thanks.

SacredCultivator

Dear Readers,

I just replaced my Speakers with logitech x 230 AND there seems to be a HUGE problem and I ran out of patience to return it for another (As I waited well over a week ><) but it seems that a 'piece' in the subwoofer is loose and just moving around freely inside which just isnt' right... At first i thought it was the 'speaker' that goes to the hole in the front.. but then not sure.. and it is I think the same problem as this users comment:

'Cons: The cardboard tube that forms the inner part of the port separated from the front of the port in shipping because glue was applied to the edge of the joint rather than the joint itself. Minus 1 egg. Appalling customer support from Logitech. No 800 number, I had to pay to be kept on hold for 20 minutes and still didn't get to talk to anyone. Minus 3 more eggs.'

So I was wondering if there is anyway I could 'fix' this problem as I am not sure how to 'open' the subwoofer, there are 2 screw thingy at the bottom but I don't think that would allow me to open it...

After testing it out.. Yeah it seems that is what should be giving the BASS.. as even when I turn it at MAX.. there doesn't seem to be any Bass at all...

EDIT: Okay unless I turn the Volume up really loud then there is some Bass present, otherwise at low/mid volume, there seems to be no vibration at all.

2nd Edit: Here are some pictures (Not great as I can only view through the air hole.

This one if a side view(Bass speaker is on the ground)

img0121nf9.th.jpg

Then this is the SubWoofer standing upright with the bass speaker facing right

img0129ag0.th.jpg

Hope that helps a little ><

EDIT: Alright I am not sure how to open this subwoofer to fix it... as it seems something is attached to the Back Panal when I unscrew everything...

Archived