Drawings on cd/dvd/bluray

jimmy_cy

any of you know any machine for putting drawings at the up side of the disc?

i mean for example put one bird

another example lightscribe.png

but via a machine

to look like a professional-official disc

im looking for high level machines.. but also not too expensive..

thanks

• Replies 18
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

any of you know any machine for putting drawings at the up side of the disc?

i mean for example put one bird

another example lightscribe.png

but via a machine

to look like a professional-official disc

im looking for high level machines.. but also not too expensive..

thanks

those hp lightscribe disk?

Yea I just got a drive like this on my computer.. You gotta have special LightScribe compatible discs too in able to do it..

can you explain to me better about that?

one friend some years before had one machine appart of the computer which he pressed the disc via one think and the drawing got on it

but i would like to see your explain

[i rmember there being another special top layer disk burner for labeling but like lightscribe no one does it. the only other way that i believe most do is get the paper that has labels for cd/dvd and print on they with a label maker for cd/dvd. (nero and others should have it) then either you place the label on yourself or you use a small devise that you push label and cd/dvd to make it go on easier.

• Administrator

I read somewhere (while searching more about lightscribe today), that you have to turn your disk upside down and start burning to draw that. But my question is, what type of drives can do it?

Any DVD writer with lightscribe support would do that. But you also have to have a lightscribe CD/DVD media so the laser can etch the label with graphics or texts. These drives are cheap nowadays and almost all new dvd writers support it. Just make sure though that it has the lightscribe logo on the drive or the box. The lightscribe CD/DVD media on the other hand is a just little more expensive than the ordinary discs.

hmm...

so if a dvd/cd rw can do that job we should also put somehow the ink

how about that

where u put it?

how much costs?

from where can i get ink

does it get empty soon?

hmm...

so if a dvd/cd rw can do that job we should also put somehow the ink

how about that

where u put it?

how much costs?

from where can i get ink

does it get empty soon?

with lightscribe there is no ink. you have to have the hardware and use special more costly lightscribe cdr/dvdrs. one of the warnings people posted about this disk at the time it came out was there was no real data on the life of the disk. ei the mold holes you see in some cdrs. etc

• Administrator

The lazer does the job. ;)

And always make sure you have the original lightscribe disks.

i have searched on net for lightscribe and they are very expensive omg -.-

50 pack 18.85

the normal dvds in nowdays are almost free :/

• Administrator

It's two times the price of a DVD here.

Coincidentally, one of my Customers has left her dv2700 laptop with me for a complete re-format that's been lying at my place completed for the last 3 days. Just remembered it's got this 'LightScribe' functionality and here's what's displayed on the sticker at the left-hand-side hand-rest:-

LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling

makes personalized, monochrome,

silkscreen-quality labels on your

LightScribe-enabled media.

• Administrator

You can get special CD/DVD sticky labels and can use any image you like (with your printer) and stick in onto the disc, if LightScribing isn't an option.

You can get special CD/DVD sticky labels and can use any image you like (with your printer) and stick in onto the disc, if LightScribing isn't an option.

When I read this topic.. That line was the first thing that came up here. Why didn't I see this option untill Lite posts it?

Dun want to buy Lightscribe thingies?

Go buy CD/DVD stickers, print something on them, put them on your DVD and tada!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone here has experienced this but I used to put sticker labels on my dvd burnt movies and it always (and I mean always) makes the movie skip after putting these stickers. I've always put my labels centered and flat on the disc. First I thought maybe I was just using a poor quality DVD+R but I have tried different name brands as well, until I googled it and there were others experiencing it as well and one suggested to peel-off the sticker and clean the disc. I did just that and lo' and behold, the movies are playing fine now. Now, I just use a felt-tip pen to label my DVD+Rs. :D

Don't use a regular felt tip pen, the chemicals from those regular type pens and permanent markers breakdown the protective layer on the cd over time. I know people might think that markers labelled specifically for writing on cd are a ripoff but they are not, those are actually alcohol based pens that do not damage the top layer of discs.

But yea I just use a cd pen, the printed labels add weight to the disc and could cause additional stress on your drive, lightscribe is too expensive for the ugly quality. If you are really passionate about printing on discs I believe there are printers that could print directly on the discs.

Archived