Customizable Laptops

anoop_1198

anoop_1198

When would we have the ability for ordering customizable laptops in India like they have in other countries.I mean Dell has started it,but still is slow on variety and high on prices.I hope other companies like Hp also soon step into it so that the prices go down and we have a little more to choose from.

I just ordered a rig and its costing me Rs. 60000 indian currency...and still it is not high end and not many choices...hell they are not even offering a carrying bag with it.:blink:

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When would we have the ability for ordering customizable laptops in India like they have in other countries.I mean Dell has started it,but still is slow on variety and high on prices.I hope other companies like Hp also soon step into it so that the prices go down and we have a little more to choose from.

I just ordered a rig and its costing me Rs. 60000 indian currency...and still it is not high end My link

get a friend in the states to do it for you???

Here in India, I generally purchase directly from the Distributors and since the preference is mostly for high-end laptops, these guys grant me options in the configuration. Needless to say a :pirate: never buys one with an inbuilt OS but rather with a DOS boot.

With the laptops, we do get a choice of carry-bags, too (if one doesn't opt for the bag, a sum of around Rs. 1,000/- INR is allowed as a discount.) However, the trend here is to opt for haversacks.

anoop_1198

I generally purchase directly from the Distributors and since the preference is mostly for high-end laptops, these guys grant me options in the configuration.

Really.Do u get a choose a base model like a say a screen size and then custom built ur laptop..:rolleyes:

Well its still not available in sites ..They r entirely different going through a site location in america and that in india...of any company be it dell or Hp..Hope we have the facility soon in india...

Yup, that's right - must add though, that this facility is not available for the general public, neither do the Retail outlets provide them. This facility is available from Distributors and to only those who are regular Patrons.

The delivery of such customized rigs are not immediate (may take around a week.)

anoop_1198

Yup, that's right - must add though, that this facility is not available for the general public, neither do the Retail outlets provide them. This facility is available from Distributors and to only those who are regular Patrons.

The delivery of such customized rigs are not immediate (may take around a week.)

Man am i jealous of u rgt now or what!!

Ok plz tell me ,how do u i know which MoBo Dell is packaging,as reading through u guys (Dkt27 -new computer configuration) it seems pretty important..:think: as the details is not there in the Cart detail section.

Ok plz tell me ,how do u i know which MoBo Dell is packaging,as reading through u guys (Dkt27 -new computer configuration) it seems pretty important..:think: as the details is not there in the Cart detail section.

Click the 'Customize' instead of the 'Add to Cart' radio button on the following link:-

http://www.dell.co.in/home/laptops

• Administrator

Well, that's why I've never touched a laptop. :P

What say, dell is good?

@dcs18: What area do you buy your rigs from?

anoop_1198

Well, that's why I've never touched a laptop. :P

What say, dell is good?

Arey buddy....i require laptops only:( ...see being a student i can carry it too the hospital to give presentations and all..and most of all i njoy the manoeuvrability of a laptop...i mean u cannot use a desktop lying on a bed .....i never had a desktop in my life..my first computer was a laptop.But the problems with laptop is that they r pretty not upgradable besides the ram n the HDD ..And the laptops we buy in india r already a year or 2 behind the current specifications..which mean they become outdated pretty soon for new upcoming games..thats the reason i keep changing my laptop in a year or so...

Well for Dell ,its just that right now they r the only ones offering customizable laptops...Otherwise i personally prefer Hp(my previous laptops were all Hp) because they are reliable and cheap compared with the same configuration with VAIO or Dell and moreover they have the maximum number of service centres...In this field Dell does not have any and they send a technician to ur home if u have a problem with ur laptop...But that works good in cities like delhi or mumbai...and not in small towns frm where i am....:frusty:

I hope we soon see a boom of customizable laptops in India too ....pretty :please:

dont mean to be mean (dont take it as being mean or making fun of) but had to laugh at what you said. you said in india when you call customer service they bring a tech to the house. but when we call customer service we only get a india person on the phone.

is that a law over there about services for local nationals or just better service for their local customers?

anoop_1198

dont mean to be mean (dont take it as being mean or making fun of) but had to laugh at what you said. you said in india when you call customer service they bring a tech to the house. but when we call customer service we only get a india person on the phone.

is that a law over there about services for local nationals or just better service for their local customers?

LOLz Point duly noted....i think it would be because it will cost the companies a lot to send their technicians overseas to fix problems...aint it....:lol:

• Administrator

I've had chance to talk to many microsoft customer service employs in US when I had asked for help. And they even help me many times, without even asking me if my OS is genuine. :lol:

But Indian call center workers and tech experts are famous all over the world. They also work in USA, so much that Obama was forced to make policies....

Archived