Ram Discrepany

anoop_1198

anoop_1198

How ram size are shown different in nod and other programs as well than my windows property.:frusty:

post-28614-127490625103_thumb.gif

• Replies 5
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

You are using old version of ESET right?

LeetPirate

I highly do not recommend NOD32 v2 or v3. Security needs to be evolving to handle all the new threats, old version of NOD32 cannot protect you from every new piece of malware despite the definitions being up to date because it simply isn't designed to fight off certain threats. You could never solve crime effectively using methods of policing from the year 1950, same thing applies to malware threats. NOD32 v2 appears to not be able to address more than 2GB of ram either so that leaves an entire region of memory unprotected; this is debatable but why risk it.

How ram size are shown different in nod and other programs as well than my windows property.:frusty:

i agree with #3 poster

use NOD v4.2 it's most stable and secure of all previous version ever released so far.

anoop_1198

You are using old version of ESET right?

yup Nod32 2.7:rolleyes:

anoop_1198

I highly do not recommend NOD32 v2 or v3. Security needs to be evolving to handle all the new threats, old version of NOD32 cannot protect you from every new piece of malware despite the definitions being up to date because it simply isn't designed to fight off certain threats. You could never solve crime effectively using methods of policing from the year 1950, same thing applies to malware threats. NOD32 v2 appears to not be able to address more than 2GB of ram either so that leaves an entire region of memory unprotected; this is debatable but why risk it.

oh i see.U know i even tried once to use a newer version,but it took a toll on my computer and slowed it.i still use the old version because of the familiarity and the lightness of the program.But u've given me a reason to think!!:fear:

Archived