[Resolved] How to take a screenshot with HTC Desire?

jalaffa

I've googled it and found answer not fullfilling. Please guide me into a working solution.

• Replies 12
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks marik - actually that was the one I started with initially... It did not work.

and it still doesn't work?

jalaffa are you trying the pairing with a 64-bit by any chance? :unsure:

I don't think that matters (tested on 32-bit and 64-bit setup)

The Android software development kit (SDK) downloaded

The Java SE software development kit (SDK) installed

I don't get this (tested on two machines (32-bit and 64-bit :( )

# Plug your HTC Desire into your computer via USB and Windows will attempt to install all of the appropriate drivers; one of the drivers will not be found and thus you must proceed to Device Manager in your Control Panel and find the HTC Desire (there will be a yellow icon next to it)

I don't think that matters (tested on 32-bit and 64-bit setup)

The Android software development kit (SDK) downloaded

The Java SE software development kit (SDK) installed

. . . . . . . was wondering because I've always faced a sync problem with HTC <<---->> 64-bit. :frusty:

I don't get this (tested on two machines (32-bit and 64-bit :( )

# Plug your HTC Desire into your computer via USB and Windows will attempt to install all of the appropriate drivers; one of the drivers will not be found and thus you must proceed to Device Manager in your Control Panel and find the HTC Desire (there will be a yellow icon next to it)

This installation issue has been resolved with the release of the latest (current) drivers. :)

ok - I was like testing this out for the first time to day. I do not experience drivers not found issue. But when running that ddms.bat file the phone is not recognised... The latter is my problem...

OK, I see - suggest you take a look into your memory card for the 'HTC Sync' software instead. I often find this more effective for handset detection over USB data cables.

Thanks for your help dcs18. Thing is that I just acquired this device. My experience using is it very limited. My grant for a request for help was maybe premature (I usually kill before advice sought :lol: )

LOL yeah, better to get used to it. Later, it can even be unbranded (to accept various :pirate: softwares to be installed.)

Archived