Microsoft Download Manager

KotaXor

Brief Description

The Microsoft Download Manager enables you to download files from the Internet in a more reliable and faster way than using a browser alone.

Using the Download Manager makes it easier to download large files such as an application or multimedia files. The Download Manager has been specifically designed to manage file downloads from supporting Microsoft Web sites in a secure and reliable way. Once started, the Download Manager displays an easy¬-to-use interface that shows the status of downloads and enables you to resume downloads if they have failed. The Microsoft Download Manager currently supports downloads from Web addresses starting with http://.

Download

Anyone tried this? How good is it? Please share.

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does not capture files from non-microsoft web browsers. It has a very minimalistic display and options. It almost reminds me of the download manager from direct2drive with out the annoying green color.

There is an option to put in a web address to manually download files from. Nothing too special about it.

BTW: 32 bit only

Update: It didn't capture a file downloaded from IE8 either. So I can't see any use for it. At least D2D download manager was smart enough to know that if you downloaded something from one of there websites or sister websites it would capture it and use the download manager

Thanks for reporting that. IDM looks all set to hold pole position for a long long time. :)

I, too using IDM and find it much much better.

Well at lease MS is trying.

busventinc

Had a question does anyone know how to direct download from deposit files with idm without having to log into he website appreciate the help

Had a question does anyone know how to direct download from deposit files with idm without having to log into he website appreciate the help

I use Firefox (and CometBird) with SkipScreen and Internet Download Manager. Using SkipScreen, I download almost immediately from deposit files without even having to click on anything!! :dance2:

Yup.

Enjoying one-click-resumable-Depositfile-downloads with SkipScreen on Firefox.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived