If you illegally downloaded The Hurt Locker, you might want to read this

kingkinght60

kingkinght60

Just got an email from my sister (because she found this out first) about Lawsuits about Hurt Locker downloads. First of all before I start want to know if I'm safe... I downloaded The Hurt Locker 1080p Blu-Ray version (from TPB, upl Thugline)

Here's the article (you can also google this easily)

Sydney Morning Herald

Producers of the Oscar-winning film The Hurt Locker are about to hit people who illegally downloaded the movie with a massive lawsuit.

Thomas Dunlap, a lawyer acting for Voltage Pictures, told The Hollywood Reporter that tens of thousands of individuals who used BitTorrent to acquire the movie are in the firing line.

The movie, which was made for a $US15 million and - as of March - had taken only $US19 million in box office takings worldwide, first leaked onto the internet five months before its release.

The Hurt Locker - winner of six Oscars, including best film - tells the story of a young soldier in a US Army bomb disposal unit in Baghdad in 2004.

Dunlap told The Hollywood Reporter that the lawsuit would also cover other Voltage pictures, including Personal Effects, starring Ashton Kutcher.

The lawyers intend to subpoena ISP records to match IP addresses with illegal activities on BitTorrent.

People unearthed in the discovery process will then be given the chance to settle outside court or face the consequences.

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

then I have nothing to worry about....I don't even like these type of movies :lmao:

Wow , i'm afraid now

i downloaded it , and watched it :D

poor me , it was only the 720 release

Sl@pSh0ck™

sue me!!! :lol:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im afraid xD

do i have to run to the moon ? meh why cant a pirate live in peace?? lol

cheers

kingkinght60

Thing is I downloaded this at school (they got a new plan with unlimited downloads at 50mbit up/down :D, transfered 140gb in 7hrs) and they get in trouble, I will be. :D

Though I haven't been caught at home DL/ing heaps of movies... and from a trusty source not some one-off noob with a tracked video... I'm fine

then I have nothing to worry about....I don't even like these type of movies :lmao:

lol i DON'T even use torrent for downloading anything, it's too slow and stuff.

• Administrator

They cannot beat us if we all fight together. Lets sue them. :ph34r:

If just for once people were smart enough to force these jokers to actually move ahead with all of these law suits, you could break these lawyers that are doing this. Unfortunately, (and unwisely) people will become fearful and then quietly go along with settling many of these claims. If everyone fought it you could keep these no-goods busy for the next thirty or forty years. See how happy they would be about that!

f00k, I just "purchased" it yesterday. Oh well, gotta watch it before I get slammered :D

=))....you should of purchased it, but not watch it...instead dl it the same day u made the purchase, cause when they'll ask you "why" you can just reply "because I could!

Archived