Are these files safe to Delete?

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Dear Readers,

I was just curious as this has annoyed me a bit...

I have the option to show Hidden Folders/Files enabled but in my D: (Which is just a Storage {No OS installed} but there is a folder called 'MSOCache' and I was wondering if I could Safely delete this without having any negative side-effects as it is taking a good 151mb's off of it..

Thanks

Edit:

For my C: (Primary Drive, WinXP Pro Installed) I was wondering if any of the following are needed...

Folders:

-WUTemp (Contains 'WindowsXP-KB919007-x86-ENU', 'WindowsXP-KB920685-x86-ENU', 'WindowsXP-KB920872-x86-ENU', 'WindowsXP-KB922582-x86-ENU' and 'WindowsXP-KB925486-x86-ENU'

Files:

-CSB (Text only reads: [ResponseResult]

ResultCode=0)

-FILTERLOG (Text reads: cFilterLog::cFilterLog()cFilterLog::GetValuesFromRegistry: NeVCR.ax failed)

-video.pass(Pass File dunno what it is)

Hidden Files

-IPH.PH

-sqmdata00.sqm

-sqmnoopt00.sqm

So there you have it... Thanks again.

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

MSOCache = MS office installation cache. You can delete this folder safely. Basically... it'll just ask you for the CD when you do some changes to office (repair, new user etc). Nothing major aslong as you have the CD.

The WUTemp folder is where windows update downloads its files to. When you install the updates, this folder should disapear. It will appear again when you run WU again.

Both sqmdata00.sqm, sqmnoopt00.sqm can also be deleted.

Dunno about the others.

SacredCultivator

Thanks for letting me know as for the WUTemp.. Since I do have a few files there.. what should I do as when I go tot WU it doens't really say that there is anything Ineed to download/install.

Archived