Outgoing traffic control of software

mara-

Hi guys,

Can somebody suggest some software, free of with fix available, that can control outgoing traffic for software. I tried many firewalls in this purpose but I can find any that suits me. I just tried PC Tools Firewall plus which was the best to me for this purpose, but for some reason uTorrents starts using high CPU when downloading and when this firewall is active. I tried other firewalls from nsane frontpage, but I don't like them. So, I'm wondering if there is some program which will allow me just to control outgoing traffic for software, but that software should not be firewall. I just want to control which applications can connect to internet. Any suggestion is welcome. I'm using Windows 7 x64, and btw I tried Windows 7 Firewall Control tool, and I don't like it, too.

Cheers ;)

• Replies 12
  • Views 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't think of a solution other than firewalls. Also, have never faced such issues with any of the firewalls that I've tested in the past - ATM, running Online Armor Premium. Wonder whether you have a configuration-of-rules issue.

I've tried a lot of firewalls, and I always go back to PC Tools Firewall Plus. I don't have any problem with Utorrent. Make sure Utorrent in PC Tools is set to "Allow all".

I downloaded Look N Stop last week but have yet to test it.

I've tried a lot of firewalls, and I always go back to PC Tools Firewall Plus. I don't have any problem with Utorrent. Make sure Utorrent in PC Tools is set to "Allow all".

I downloaded Look N Stop last week but have yet to test it.

I did that. Everything is fine until I start downloading. It's really strange. Are there any additional things that I can do to make sure that uTorrent has complete access, or is there a way to prevent PC Tools to scan bit-torrent traffic completely?

Cheers ;)

Do you have "add Windows Firewall exception" checked in Utorrent preferences?

Are you sure it's not an antivirus doing it?

I did that. Everything is fine until I start downloading. It's really strange. Are there any additional things that I can do to make sure that uTorrent has complete access, or is there a way to prevent PC Tools to scan bit-torrent traffic completely?

Cheers ;)

01.) If you disable 'PC Tools', does your uTorrent issue get resolved?

02.) Is your 'Windows Firewall' enabled (uTorrent is equally governed by it.)

edit:

@ Somatose

We both seemed to have posted simultaneously. :)

If you have Malwarebytes "malicious website blocking" enabled, it will cause problems with Utorrent.

It will use alot of CPU processing all the IP's

This was supposed to be an edit to my last post,

don't know what happened.

Sl@pSh0ck™

@mara

you might want to check Private Firewall ... it is x64 compatible and best of all it is Free ... haven't tried this yet though, but good reviews I'm seeing on wilderssecurity.

Sl@pSh0ck™

Hey nivrid05:

What's your 1000th post gonna be?

since you've asked ... I guess this would be it :lol: ... sorry mara if we are off-topic here :P

Hey nivrid05:

What's your 1000th post gonna be?

since you've asked ... I guess this would be it :lol: ... sorry mara if we are off-topic here :P

Wow!?

I was hoping for something a little better!!!

No, problem nivrid05. Congrats on your 1000 post. And yes, problem is gone after I disable PC Tools Firewall. And Windows Firewall is disabled. I tried downloading something else but I could not recreate problem again. But, I'll have to do more checking to see if problem is gone. If not, I'll check Private Firewall. And no, MBAM is not active, I just use it as scanner, no realtime protection. Thanks guys for help, I'll see what happens in next few days.

Cheers ;)

Archived