New attack bypasses virtually all AV protection

Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman

Today, we reveal even more serious problem of the Windows desktop security products that can be exploited to bypass a big portion of security features implemented by the affected products. The protection implemented by kernel mode drivers of today's security products can be bypassed effectively by a code running on an unprivileged user account. If you ever heard of SSDT hooks or similar techniques to implement various security features such as products' self-defense, we will show you how to bypass the protection easily.

http://www.matousec.com/info/articles/khobe-8.0-earthquake-for-windows-desktop-security-software.php

Pretty much every product you can think of is listed..

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sl@pSh0ck™

If you only rely on one product then you are vulnerable to this new exploit ... that is why a layered protection is recommended. ;) ... but no need to be paranoid, the probability that you will be hit by this new exploit is like the probability that you'll win the lottery :lol:

sad news.....lmao, the prob of you getting infected by this thing is 0.01%

like hackers these days have nothing better to do, then infect your very computer, when there are other fun sties to mess around with...like micros**t for example :evil:

moving on...↓

33m3709.png

No need to be paranoid, the probability that you will be hit by this new exploit is like the probability that you'll win the lottery :lol:

I'm planning on winning the lottery this summer, need I worry?

Sl@pSh0ck™
No need to be paranoid, the probability that you will be hit by this new exploit is like the probability that you'll win the lottery :lol:

so winning a lottery can be planned now? :o

so winning a lottery can be planned now? :o

shit, i win the british and eu lotteries all the time.

• Administrator

If we detect the dropper this not an issue. Its likely any dropper will be detected very quickly.

Archived