Windows 7 DirectX

Djurba

Hey guys ! Again me :lol: :lol: , i am so Annoying . But I need help again .I played some games these days , usually older games with low quality of graphics and effects and they are working much slower than on Xp ,one game dont even want to start when I attempt to play I get message this program can't start because d3dx9_34.dll is missing from your computer try reinstalling the program to fix. I am not sure if Directx 9 is a problem , I thought that in windows 7 is not necessary to install DirectX 9 because it have built in DirectX 11 and Dx11 is a superset of DX10.0/10.1, both of which are backwards-compatible with DX9.0C . But I still have some problems with direct x 9 games . I can not install directX9 full package over directx 11 , right ? Probablly I will get some malfunctions or who knows. Or can i somehow update directx 9 dll files from my directx library ? This all confusing me , i really liked my winxp sp 3 performance edition it was so easy to configure and it was really fast , still much faster than windows 7 , this is like new planet to me .

• Replies 6
  • Views 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bizarre™

@Djurba:

If you plan on playing old games on Windows 7, it's best you install DirectX 9.

Visit the link and take a look at the System Requirements: Link

LeetPirate

I believe you need to reinstall those games, then you might need to run them in compatibility mode.

madmax012

even if windows 7 has DirectX 11 you still need to install DirectX 9 to play the non dx11/dx10 games...

and there is no problem to install dx9 in windows 7.... it doesnt replace ur dx11 files.... so when u install dx9 both dx9 and dx11 coexist.... they will not cause any conflicts as dx9 is still essential for gaming even in vista /win7.

in case you want to confirm it, then after installing Dx9 go to 'dxdiag' (type it in start menu search) and there in system information you will see that the DirectX version will still be 11...

• Administrator
Go here, and download that web installer. It would check and install all the components necessary and will install the latest version of DirectX 9, etc... :)

chrisgestapo

Or you may download the redistributable package from Microsoft website for offline installation.

DirectX 9 can be installed on both Vista and 7 with no problem.

I have to agree on this.....you would need to install Direct 9X.

Use to have this problem too until I installed 9X.

Archived