Arranging Windows 7

Djurba

Hey guys ! After all I decided to install windows 7 X64 and I am very satisfied , I I apllyed some tweaks with windows 7 manager and adjusted visual effects of windows on minimum and now it is runing very smooth , stable and fast , now I need help with some things like are flash player , codecs , and net framework . I installed flash payer x32 through internet explorer , i guess it is ok ? I dont need some sort of x 64 version ? its working though , i am using mozila firefox 3.6.3. And what about codecs , which type of codecs do i need and net framework , is it ok if install standalone version of net framework 3.5 or is there some special version for windows 7 X 64 . Any help would be appreciated , cause I am still computer noob , especially for X 64 systems .

• Replies 8
  • Views 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
158burtonseven

Hey guys ! After all I decided to install windows 7 X64 and I am very satisfied , I I apllyed some tweaks with windows 7 manager and adjusted visual effects of windows on minimum and now it is runing very smooth , stable and fast , now I need help with some things like are flash player , codecs , and net framework . I installed flash payer x32 through internet explorer , i guess it is ok ? I dont need some sort of x 64 version ? its working though , i am using mozila firefox 3.6.3. And what about codecs , which type of codecs do i need and net framework , is it ok if install standalone version of net framework 3.5 or is there some special version for windows 7 X 64 . Any help would be appreciated , cause I am still computer noob , especially for X 64 systems .

There is no 64-bit Flash player... yet. I believe it's coming in release 10.1 due soon. So you're fine there. You can find a variety of good codecs here at nsane.down on the homepage under the Multimedia tab. Many people use the K-Lite Codec pack, the Standard version should be enough. Again, 32-bit version is fine.. no real need for 64-bit codecs. As for .net Framework, you should be able to get it from Windows Update. If not then go to the Microsoft Download Center.

is it ok if install standalone version of net framework 3.5 or is there some special version for windows 7 X 64 . 

That one is a no. Win7 already has .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.

I noticed that now about net framework , it is already built in , i was on XP long time so windows 7 is confusing me a little ,especially because it is X 64, but I solved all of this issues . Btw , can someone advise me some disk defrag utility and registry cleaner which is good for windows 7 X 64 ?/ I used Diskeeper adn jv16 power tools on Win XP X 32 .

Night Owl

I installed flash payer x32 through internet explorer , i guess it is ok ? I dont need some sort of x 64 version ? its working though , i am using mozila firefox 3.6.3.

Flash Player has one download for Internet Explorer, and another download for the other browsers (Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc). The latest stable Flash Player 10.0 is available here at nsane. Or, you can download the latest 10.1 RC4 available here at nsane. As stated earlier, there is no 64-bit version of Flash Player yet.

There are 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the Java Run-time Environment. 64-bit Java is only really for "Internet Explorer (64-bit)". Since there is no 64-bit Flash Player, there's not much point in using Internet Explorer (64-bit). And you're a Firefox 3.6.3 user anyway. :D So just stick with 32-bit Java.

. . . . . . . do i need and net framework , is it ok if install standalone version of net framework 3.5 or is there some special version for windows 7 X 64 . . . . . . . . . . .

Latest version is NET Framework 4.0.30319. ;)

You should try Win7Quicky2.1.1.

• Administrator

About .Net Framework, v4.0 was released some time ago, it's recommended that you update to the latest version 4. You can get it from here. K-Lite full does a great gob on my PC. About Java, you can download Java Runtime Environment but no need to download x64 version if you are only gonna use Firefox or 32bit version of IE. But you'll have to download 32bit version.

About .Net Framework, v4.0 was released some time ago, it's recommended that you update to the latest version 4. You can get it from here. . . . . . . . . . . . .

That's the link for the online installer. The offline standalone is available below:-

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0a391abd-25c1-4fc0-919f-b21f31ab88b7

Archived