Take ownership option and Windows Seven Enterprise X64

sanjoa

MY ACCOUNT IS AN ADMINISTRATIVE USER ACCOUNT :ablow: . I've screwed it up. Thank you for your help.

• Replies 32
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sl@pSh0ck™

it's as good as it gets ... just wait for dcs18, maybe he have some ideas on how to completely delete it from your system.

tonyblair

Is there a service or an executable file from the application Windows Defender still running?

tonyblair

Why?

simply if a service (not deleted) is still running (even if the application was uninstalled) it will forbid you to delete its folder (even if you

are logged as administrator).

Now I propose to you two solutions :

1- You delete the files one by one inside the folder (using MBAM for example). When the inner folder is empty, then it will possibly let you

delete it.

2- You reboot in "safe mode with DOS prompt" with CD, CHDIR, DIR and DEL you should be able to delete the files and the folder.

(I killed everything with this method, this is one of my secrets :P )

:notworthy: thank you tony, thank you. I could delete Windows Defender folders (no need to use SAFE MODE) :notworthy: :thumbsup::rofl: Me happy now, not more mad.

Good to see nivrid05 & tonyblair help resolve your issue. You can see implague having the same problem here. before he succeeded in deleting the 'Windows Defender' folder.

Archived