New PC advice

Monkey D. Luffy

Monkey D. Luffy

Hi!

I am considering buying a new pc, but am in conflict with where to start

considering with a tight budget, and not much experience, i dont think i will end up building one

Preferably id like 4 g ram, 32 bit, windows 7 pro or ultimate, around as powerful processor i can get for max only around 800 dolla. (I'm with a tight budget)

I dont care so much about graphics card, im not much of a gamer.

Harddriver preferably 500 gb, but not so important

disk speed idc, as long as its not crap. dvd writing (if not obvious)

sound card idc

anything else idc so much, unless you think it does.

I will be using this PC for video editing and media creation, using apps like Sony Vegas, Photoshop, After effects, FL Studio, Vue 8

Thanks for your time!

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

First, do you plan to buy a monitor? If so then figure is totally different.

You'll need a 64bit OS if you want it to address more than 3.33GB of RAM. Only 64Bit OS can address above 3.33GB of RAM.

For processor you can try those new dual core hyper threading enabled i5 or i3.

I would recommend a Western Digital 500GB hard drive. Recently I got it for about $60. 7200RPM that's standard.

Normally most of the motherboards have quite satisfying inbuild sound cards. For motherboard, Asus is really nice.

For video editing, photo editing, and all that you've mention, you need a good graphics card. I would recommend ATI 5570 or 5450 for your line of work.

In all this, power supply is really important. Cooler Master is good.

. . . . . . . . with a tight budget, and not much experience, i dont think i will end up building one . . . . . .

Since you're on a tight budget, you've got little choice but to build your rig (it's the better option anyway, if it's not a laptop.)

Suggest you to go through the following thread (to augument your knowledge base.)

Monkey D. Luffy

thanks for the Info! much appreciated. I will learn , and build. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely take the time to learn How To. It will help you in the future and especially troubleshooting issues as they pop up as well. Take your time, have patience, and be gentle! If it doesn't go in, don't force it (as I have learned in the past). Google any questions you may have, or resort to the forums here and abroad. Technology is advancing at such a rate that 800$ will get you everything you need (monitor aside of course) to compile a system that will last several years.

www.newegg.com and www.tigerdirect.com usually have some great prices on products and stand behind them as well. Good luck to you and give us an update of how things go!

Archived