Video BIOS

sanjoa

Hi, guys! Is there anyway to update Video BIOS? Because I was looking in Everest that it says video BIOS is old.

• Replies 11
  • Views 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check with your OEM vendor first to see if they have a BIOS update they usually will give you free BIOS upgrades if available, if not then you mostly will have to buy an upgrade from third party.

Of coarse if you are not having any problems then don't worry about upgrading.

Thanks. :lol:

Hi, guys! Is there anyway to update Video BIOS? Because I was looking in Everest that it says video BIOS is old.

If I were you, I'd try to append to the first post . . . . . . . . . maximum possible details about the said BIOS to ensure relevant and pertinent replies. ;)

I was adviced this by NVIDIA sopport center about my problem with NVIDIA SYSTEM TOOLS I mentioned in the other post. But they don't provide the BIOS upgrade.

LeetPirate

If your card is one of the reference designs then any vendor BIOS would work once the board ID is the same. The first time I upgraded my geforce bios I had to use an EVGA bios on my XFX card. Why? Because stupid XFX refused to acknowledge the BIOS was old and faulty causing me tons of errors in games. The second time I used a BFG bios. All you need to do is get a bios with the same board ID as your card then you could edit the bios and change the manufacturer from whatever to match your own. Easy. You need to put more information if you want help, along with a dump of your current bios.

You need nibitor and nvflash, I have included them in this file. Load Nibitor, click tools, click read bios, select device. Once you select the proper device go back into read bios but this time click read into file. Save the bios file and upload it somewhere then post the link. I need to see the details of the old bios before I could find an update for you.

Nibitor does not work. I got this error message even in compatibility mode: "Cant start driver: 1725". Should I make a MSDOS Diskette and copy NVFLASH?

LeetPirate

Nibitor does not work. I got this error message even in compatibility mode: "Cant start driver: 1725". Should I make a MSDOS Diskette and copy NVFLASH?

Yea make a boot usb drive and use nvflash to backup the current bios. no diskette, those things cause errors and not a risk you want to take but if that is your only way then try it.

Try GPU-Z and see if you could read the bios into a file as a last resort.

I don't know how to make a boot USB drive. I've got this from GPU-Z.

SITE: http://www.mediafire.com/
CODE: ?t5njnylm1ly

LeetPirate

Well I looked around mvktech and techpowerup and I could not find any BIOS that was a later version than the one you currently have. Seems you are stuck with that bios, I can't find any newer versions. You definitely have to check for some sort of software workaround for your problem. The best thing at this point might be to revert to an older version of the nvidia software that worked for you. Your current BIOS version is 5.72.22.81.12.

Leet, may I ask a question? Can this card be updated with a BIOS from another card (better if possible)? (I've read that some guys have done this "modding", but you can screw up the video card :fear:)

LeetPirate

Leet, may I ask a question? Can this card be updated with a BIOS from another card (better if possible)? (I've read that some guys have done this "modding", but you can screw up the video card :fear:)

Once the board ID is the same you can use it. Trying to cross flash from a different board ID will not work. The card does not screw up, you just need to flash the backup and it will continue working. Problem is you might need to flash it blindly since you won't be able to see what's on the screen. You could also stick it into a motherboard with integrated graphics so you could see on screen then flash a backup bios to the card to fix it. I've had to flash blindly a couple times to restore my card after trying out an incompatible bios. You can flash from any brand, most of the brands are just the same reference design with a different manufacturer sticker on it. What you cannot do is flash a bios from another model that uses a different gpu core. For example I believe yours is G72, the GT model is G73. Bad idea to cross flash like that, it might not ever work, the BIOS expects a certain gpu core to function correctly.

Archived