Back up app?

Atasas

Hey guys,

Can somebody recomend me a decent and simple app for backing up latop data?

The one that has got genuine M$ win and office; had a ton of cracked soft on it- clean now! ; the one that has no Writer- dvd rom only and has got fawlty HDD... yeah! its been registered to company and all the apps where not suppose to be there

Right then, I've tryed "Genie" and got 8gb single file on external drive, as I've tryed to open it on another PC for for burning it went to MS -DOS mode and nearly "restored" :wacko: another PC

Is there an app that would alow back up to external drive and would be in separate files up to 1 DVD size?

the laptop after back up is most possbly is going to have to go back to manufacture for repaires :)

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Lite,

...if I'm not dreaming, acronis needs program to be installed for its restore disc to be functional?

nah :wacko: , could'nt get the Ghost, but neither one or "Drive Image XML" does the job ;)

PS

I cant remember unfortunatly the name of one, but it did the job by creating two separate bootable DVDs for the other new laptop (HP ) and afterwards uninstaled itself...

• Administrator

I can't honestly remember. I'm sure you can just use the rescue cd to do all the stuff while your OS isn't booted.

Hm probaly my arms are both left handed ;)

the story is as follows: windows restore does not let me create DVD as there is no wrirable drive; acronis can create image to external HDD (the one that I would burn with other PC) but how to be able to get that image to restore pc as to that state without ie OS operating, and especialy acronis not being there anymore? :wacko:

Ill try to find the ghost, but I gather it wont recognise external hdd as no os is fully loaded?

I can't honestly remember. I'm sure you can just use the rescue cd to do all the stuff while your OS isn't booted.

Rescue CD made of, by... would it contain apps (wins, Fideli, Office, ...)?

pikle ini? ;)

• Administrator

When you install Acronis on a PC you get an option to make a recovery CD. You can create it after its installed too. (you can install it on another PC if needed). Just boot from that created CD and do the stuff needed. I'm 95% sure this method will work.

Archived