Block a update by Windows

Senbonzakura

Senbonzakura

Is there a way to prevent a update (free to choose) from Windows being installed ?

And not by don't using the Automatic Updates...

• Replies 6
  • Views 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sl@pSh0ck™

Do you mean something like this?

post-23431-127256164092_thumb.png

not sure if this is what you need....but you can try this...

in windows update settings select the setting which nivrid05 has shown in above post...

then after searching for updates if you dont want to install a particular update that appears in the windows update search

then you can uncheck it and then right click on that update and then select 'Hide update'...

this will hide that update from future searches preventing you from accidently installing that update....

Senbonzakura

then you can uncheck it and then right click on that update and then select 'Hide update'...

this will hide that update from future searches preventing you from accidently installing that update....

Yes, i was looking for this. But if I uncheck it and I hide it, then it will not be installed in the future anymore - and what if I want to install that update? When you hide it, you can restore it. But if you close that screen, or you go somewhere else on that screen. Then it is gone...

And can someone tell me what the following update is about:

KB980248: Update for Windows Vista - Recommend Update

in the windows update window on the left hand side there is an option named 'Restore Hidden Updates'..... use this to view the updates that you hid before...

for details on any specific update use google...

And can someone tell me what the following update is about:

KB980248: Update for Windows Vista - Recommend Update

This update removes the Windows File Protection from applicable Windows font files. This update is necessary so the Office 2010 installer can update the fonts. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Archived