windows 7 install question

demoneye

hya

i just install windows 7 ultimate and it reserve 100 mb UNpartition space , can i del it? what it used for?

10x :sneaky:

• Replies 13
  • Views 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

u installed it on a lap ?!

it's becoz of the recovery

if you can go to manage >> storage>> Disk management

and see what is it labeled as

you can shrink it , then extend one of ur already done volumes with this 100 mb

what it used for?

10x :sneaky:

It's a system volume containing boot files, backup options, etc., etc.;)

oww so its important one , if i want to backup my win7 using drive snapshot for example , it backup only c:\ drive , not the hidden partition ..... how can i backup my win 7 than if i want to restore it at later time?? :think:

i am agree with BOX, Don't delete it!!

ok i wont by how can i backup my c:\ drive contain win 7 ??

The 100 MB partition in Windows 7 is not the main boot volume (hence no need to backup either.) It's primarily taken up for the purpose of encryption by BitLocker. It serves also as a backup and is essential for 'Windows Recovery.' In the absence of a Windows 7 installation DVD disc, booting and troubleshooting are kick-started from this 100 MB volume.

BTW,

During installation, one can trick the installation into not creating the extra 100 MB partition. Check my 'Disk Management.' ;)

20k4tmp.jpg

my is like that

i cant delete the n100mb box and amir assari,says ... or i can?? now i am confused :(

post-15572-127256435132_thumb.png

Gosh . . . . . . don't delete it. I have not deleted mine. There's a hack by which you can prevent the 100 MB partition during installation. I've used that hack.

and what can i do if i already install win 7with the 100mb? :unsure:

can u point me to this hack ?

10x <_<

Yes, of course - I was to write a tutorial on it (there are 3 ways to do it.) Since these methods are risky in nature I'll PM you in a couple of minutes instead of posting here.

i just took it from dc18 hacks page hew pm me

For Windows 7 users who do not intend to use BitLocker, the 100 MB partition can be removed subsequently and easily in Disk Management, the built-in partition manager of Windows 7"

so what is going on ?.....IT CAN BE DELETED AFTER INSTALL..... doesnt it? :fear:

if you install from a DVD/Image on to a clean disk, it will create a 100mb partition for you. This will contain all the boot folder and associated files.

If you pre-partition your disk the the installation will install everything into you boot partition (usually C:\...)

Archived