nVidia sistem tools problem

sanjoa

Hi, guys! I have a problem with nVidia system tools, the nVidia system monitor restarts my computer. I have had to start it in safe mode to stop the service because I coudn't also log in. Any solution to this? (using Windows Seven X64 Enterprise, nVidia geForce 7300 GS)

• Replies 15
  • Views 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, guys! I have a problem with nVidia system tools, the nVidia system monitor restarts my computer. I have had to start it in safe mode to stop the service because I coudn't also log in. Any solution to this? (using Windows Seven X64 Enterprise, nVidia geForce 7300 GS)

Try uninstalling all the drivers. Then use Driver Cleaner .NET to clean out everything named nvidia from the list.

that programme did not make any good result to me. :fear: (Driver Cleaner .NET)

that programme did not make any good result to me. :fear: (Driver Cleaner .NET)

Try any other program you are comfortable with that can clean out remnants of the drivers before you reinstall. If the new driver is the problem when it might be best to revert to an older version. nvidia releases are not perfect, like any other software, sometimes newer versions have bugs. :)

• Administrator

sorry I haven't seen edited post

Tell me if it works. ;)

problem is with the whole NVIDIA SYSTEM TOOLS. and NVIDIA support f*cks.

Don't know why I smell that you've overclocked your CPU. In case you have not (just check once whether someone else has.) ;)

Yes! I have overclocked it. It is a 2,00 Ghz processor that is working at 2,10 GHZ

@José Matías Lemos:

Did you overclock using the CPU Multiplier or FSB?

If you used the FSB, then it will overclock all components.

That's why it's always safe to overclock using CPU Multiplier.

hmmm . . . . . . . there you are - can you get back your processor to normal and report on your issue after a reboot.

I don't know. I tell you what I did. I opened BIOS setup, (mother Asrock N68-S), and changed the CPU voltage. (This was told by a friend)

Could you try to get it back to it's default? Some nVidia drivers don't appreciate the overclocking idea.

• Administrator

Quite interesting about nVidia you said. :think:

@Bizarre: My CPU auto tuboboosts and speedsteps through CPU multiplier. Now Asus guys provides overclocking utility but it allows overclocking by FSB, how can someone custom overclock through multiplier? Even if I wont, I wanna know the method...

I don't know. I tell you what I did. I opened BIOS setup, (mother Asrock N68-S), and changed the CPU voltage. (This was told by a friend)

It seems your friend doesn't know too much about OC'ing.

You would be better off researching by yourself.

@DKT27:

You can OC CPU Multiplier only if you have an unlocked CPU Multiplier.

Archived